Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Haswell and the T7

I know there is alot of performance threads in here but i am ready to risk a thumbs down but not every one has upgraded to this new 4th generation from Intel and so i was thinking of a reporting thread ONLY with the Haswell I7 CPU.

This is more of a support to the supporting fans out here who might think of upgrading but does not know what the performance gain would be from there actually system.

I am not an expert but have tuned my FSX.CFG as per the introduction manual so how about reporting something starting from the gates at Dubai by Flytampa?

minimum Required:

Windows 7 64 bit SP1

NO AI TRAFFIC

LOD=4.5

TML=2048

Autogen on Normal

80nm draw distance

Maximum Cloud covering

Thats it :-)

Gate F12 i am getting 35-40 fps up and running in the VC 

SSD 128GB W7-64 SP1

Haswell I7-4770K @4,7

ATI Saphire HD7970 3GB Vipor-X

Raptor FSX 300GB 

8GB CL8 1600 DDR3

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

NO AI TRAFFIC

For me that destroys immersion, I use and enjoy UT2, worth the FPS hit for the immersion.

spacer.png

For me that destroys immersion, I use and enjoy UT2, worth the FPS hit for the immersion.

But UT2 wont fix the disappearing ai over water, and the runway selection of the default atc is awful. That ruins the immersion for me. Too bad though, because I like how UT2 uses realistic routes for their AI when everyone elses uses the default direct to destination airport.

Well i like AI as well but the thread was about the Haswell. 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png