Sign in to follow this  
europrodave

Overall Opinion of PMDG 777

When i use auto cruise, EZCA won't work anymore, can't look around anymore. what's that?!

+1, a real problem, as I cannot switch views inside my cockpit.

Minor wish:  The 'new' American Airlines Stars n Stripes logo... in lieu of the antiquated one offered would be a bonus - if and when someone wants to break out the paint kit.

Second wish:  Is the SDK out for this airplane?  I have a folder for it, but it's blank (?) on my system (?)  - did I miss the SDK?

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

When i use auto cruise, EZCA won't work anymore, can't look around anymore. what's that?!

Across the top menus of FSX, click Add-ons, Click EZdok camera add-on, then click GLOBAL ENABLE. It should "wake up" and start working again. Worked for me. I went further. Open EZdok Studio, and check the key combo for "GLOBAL ENABLE/DISABLE", I changed mine to CTL+SHIFT+F12, which is wild enough it doesn't conflict with any of my 777 key command combos or EZdok key commands.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

It is as good as I thought it would be but, today I had the first OOM ever on this computer. Sheesh. I made adjustments here there and everywhere and could reproduce the damn thing over and over. So just for the 777 i have created its own FSX.cfg file along with modifications of various other addons. It is a beauty but, it is not the MD-11 which is certainly an older design that promised a lot...

The thing can practicaly fly itself, which is probably why it bit the pilots of the SFO Asiana disaster. I say serious tubeliner simmers are missing out if they pass on this simulation.

Minor wish:  The 'new' American Airlines Stars n Stripes logo... in lieu of the antiquated one offered would be a bonus - if and when someone wants to break out the paint kit.

Someone did already, you will see it in some of the livery topics.

Second wish:  Is the SDK out for this airplane?  I have a folder for it, but it's blank (?) on my system (?)  - did I miss the SDK?

Not yet, it will be, but PMDG decided to wait until things settle, I think wisely.

It is as good as I thought it would be but, today I had the first OOM ever on this computer. Sheesh. I made adjustments here there and everywhere and could reproduce the damn thing over and over. So just for the 777 i have created its own FSX.cfg file along with modifications of various other addons. It is a beauty but, it is not the MD-11 which is certainly an older design that promised a lot...

The thing can practicaly fly itself, which is probably why it bit the pilots of the SFO Asiana disaster. I say serious tubeliner simmers are missing out if they pass on this simulation.

I have errors like this flying over heavy ORBX scenery regions. None if I fly straight FTX Global. So I think it's primarily that we have a lot of other high-detail stuff around the 777 than was available when the NGX released, which makes the former seem more fragile.

Awesome aircraft add-on, fantastic, love it. Apart from...

The trim.

1. So far, after research, it's appears it shouldn't auto trim with elevator input. It does. T7 should only automatically trim out config changes like flap deployment and thrust changes. Speed changes should always require manual trimming by the pilot. Many of us have now noticed this when hand flying and hypothesize that it's wrong.

2. When we do attempt to trim out speed changes manually, it's a nightmare. You either get no trim at all, or if you hit the trim for a second or longer, too much trim and you end up chasing the trim.

Issue 1 is the opinion of those of us that have attempted to decipher the relevant documentation, we are not T7 pilots or in any way experts. We may be wrong. If we are right, It's a bit baffling how trim was interpreted this way.

Issue 2 is a fact. May be system specific so only a fact for those experiencing it, or it may be that many of you are assuming the behaviour mentioned in "1" is the correct behaviour, and relying on this disputed auto trimming effect to trim the aircraft for you.

To recap, just in case myself and others are misinterpreting how the T7 trim works... config changes like flap deployment, and thrust increase are automatically trimmed out. Conversely, any speed change must be trimmed out by the pilot, just like any other aircraft.

Full apologies to PMDG if those of us highlighting these issues are idiots and don't understand how the T7 functions. But if we are correct, then these are major issues so should be highlighted.

Minor wish:  The 'new' American Airlines Stars n Stripes logo

Already two of them in the avsim library

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Having been on the Flight Deck of numerous 777s (200 and 300s), having sat in the seat, being a pilot, I would have to say that this is the best addon for FSX I have seen.

It also is great value, as it allows the owner to conduct as much flying as they want in something that is as real as you can get for almost next to nothing when you consider the next step is a 3 million dollar simulator that costs $500+ per hour.

It feels, flies, sounds and definitely looks like a real 777 unlike the standard FSX 777 which is for gamers.

You get the manuals and can control the whole flight by programming the FMC. 

It hasextreme realism which I think is essential.

Last word, it is Brilliant!

Thanks PMDG, looking forward to that 300ER and the Trent 800 -300s.......

Configuring the throttles is a B#$@% and going back to the standard FSX controls completely messed up by fantastic setup. I had to redo all of my configs yesterday for every aircraft and gave up on FSX controlling the throttles.

I have yet to fly this a/c because of this problem...no control what so ever, all settings in all A/C have gone missing. No matter how I adjust it they just don't work correctly.I have purchased FSUIPC in hopes of solving this issue. I think I might have received a "corrupt" download...not sure. Now I have to try to figure out FSUIPC so I can try and fly this bird. Very sad indeed.....

well,

very smooth operation high fps, even in heavy addon enviroment... the exterrior model and vc is a dream (using it with track IR), the system simulation is so accurate that real pilots use it allready to prepare them for the simulator checks (ithink its about failiures and non normal`s not shure). the sounds are very high quality but nothing from behind atm, very few bugs @release.

what can i say, best invest in home flight simulation today, worth every cent !

...cant wait for the shared cockpit.

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

I have errors like this flying over heavy ORBX scenery regions. None if I fly straight FTX Global

Maybe it was FSDT's KLAX v2 and Aerosoft's U.S cities x Los Angeles not playing nice together? The head-scratcher is the only time this happens is with the 777. I have positioned the NGX, Kodiak, MD-11 and others using the same PFPX/FSX plan and memory useage hovers around 1.7 GB. With the 777 it immediately goes up 3.3->3.7GB. Strangely this doesn't happen at KSEA. I will be busy today but I will try different airport scenery areas such as KBOS, KORD and KJFK for comparison later today and late tomorrow. I've just started with 777 and like what I've seen, so if I have to make some adjustments, so be it.