Sign in to follow this  
jsyfam

Frame rate question!Immediate

First of all,my somputer specification

CPU:Intel i5-2500 3.3Ghz Cache 6MB

RAM:DDR3 PC-12600 4GB(Due to internal VGA,3GB Useable)

Motherboard:Intel H67

VGA:NVidia Geforce GT 425M(1GB)

HDD:1TB

So,my computer is HP Touchsmart 9300 Elite(All-in One..)

I thought this system could run fs9 smoothly

Well it is...But at the huge airport (such as CDG,LHR,ORD,JFK,ICN,HKG...)I'm getting very low frame rates(between 15~25)

So it is not easy for me to focus on flight..Because of lagging...

Well,I always fly from Incheon airport(I'm now using Overland RKSI,Updated version)

But at Incheon,It's difficult to get over 30 fps within anti-alising(default FS anti-alising option)

But without anti-alising,I can get over 50 fps easily.So question here...How can I get a high frame rate within using the anti-alising option

It is ok for me to use the 3rd party programs to get better frame rates(such as NVidia Inspector...)

And Question Two,Does merging the aircraft decreases the frame rates?

Since i'm using Posky 777 merged with PSS 777,I'm not easy to get a high frame..lol

Ahh..And the last question.

How can I get better ground textures?

I already installed GE Pro and optimized fs9.cfg by using tutorial....

Plz help ;)!

Not sure wich Scenery your using For JFK But if your using Default JFK it shouln't Lag, Im running JFK From FS Dream team and still get about 25-30FPS .

As far as anti-alising goes ive always enabled this through my Video card Drivers Never through default. Considering your System is sharing Memory through the board due to the inter-graded Video graphics adapter  it can degrade performance but not by much considering u have a total of 4gb.

don't believe merging aircraft's causes Decrease on framrates and yes ive heard many people use the Nvidia Inspector utility to modify their FS9 CfG And gain some performance. Im not an NVIDIA user so not sure how well it works.

I've had GE-PRO At one point and did notice  Frame rate drop using GE-Pro i now use FSCENE But i also hear Silver Wings (slvrwngs.zip)   make good ground textures and has no Frame rate loss  Link here>>>>http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=14602332

Theres is another option ORBX ground textures converted for FS2004 is nice as well

Intel Core 2duo E7500 2.9Ghz

8GB DDR2 System memory

ATI Radeon 6750 1gb PCI Express Expansion card

Windows 7 64bit

You should not be using anti aliasing from within FS9...turn that off, and set it with your graphics controller.

I have my sim locked at 30 FPS...I cannot see any reason for wanting more. If you get 15-25 at a complex addon airport with a lot of ai aircraft, that is not so bad.

Peter Schluter

Yes as i mentioned above As far as anti-alising goes ive always enabled this through my Video card Drivers Never through default FS9

In My case cause i happen to be using ATI Graphics Card i would enable this through the Catalyst Controller Not FS9 Example pictures below.

Instead Enable it through your Video Cards Setting im ATI So i use Catalyst Controller

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed as they exceeded the 1600W and the 400KB weight. Yours were 708KB and 600kb's respectively. See Image Posting Rules under Forums Tab in above menu.

Maribell//So I got it :)It's beter not to use GE Pro for frame rates and control the anti-alising by Graphic card Controller.Thx so much for ur help ;)I'm gettin' over 40 frames after defragment,option settings!

pschlute// Yup I got what you want to say me :)I tuned up my fs9 by using NVidia Inspector and it woks very fine XDThanks so much for ur help,too..!

How do you get an FPS drop using GE Pro? Same size textures as default.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Maribell//So I got it :) It's beter not to use GE Pro for frame rates and control the anti-alising by Graphic card Controller. Thx so much for ur help ;) I'm gettin' over 40 frames after defragment,option settings!

pschlute// Yup I got what you want to say me :) I tuned up my fs9 by using NVidia Inspector and it woks very fine XD Thanks so much for ur help,too..!

Corect

How do you get an FPS drop using GE Pro? Same size textures as default.

Depends on the system, I know i get FPS loss using GE PR0 wich is why i switched