Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Short pauses and occasional CTD with no error message (possible FIX)?

Realy tired about this....

I never finish a flight because the "blue circle of death". No matter what I do, always the FSX crash with this plane. FSX SP2 genuine and default with no add-on less 737NGX and T7...

Obviously, if this issue isn't solved with the SP1 I will not buy the 300ER and I will ask a refund :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Blue Screens of Death are often due to hardware failures (RAM memory sticks most often). You should try testing them with MemTest for 6+ hours (best is starting the tests in the morning and let it run the whole day when you're a work, or a whole night if you don't mind letting your computer powered) and see if any error is found.

In some cases, BSoD can be due to SSDs' BIOS failures but those are rare and known bugs. 

Best bet is on a defectuous memory stick.

Realy tired about this....

I never finish a flight because the "blue circle of death". No matter what I do, always the FSX crash with this plane. FSX SP2 genuine and default with no add-on less 737NGX and T7...

Obviously, if this issue isn't solved with the SP1 I will not buy the 300ER and I will ask a refund :(

So I also have become tired of these issues. But I have so many addons, that I really couldn't say if it is really the PMDG 777.

So I decided to go through the painful issue of reinstalling FSX. I have an iMac using Bootcamp and took the opportunity to do a format and clean installation of Windows 7.

I installed FSX, and service packs. I then installed my various addons, REX, Orbx, Active Sky. Then I installed the PMDG 737NGX. I spent a week doing various flights on NGX, and had no issues what so ever.

I then installed the PMDG 777. I did a short flight from Brisbane to Sydney, and quick turnaround to head back to Brisbane. About 30 minutes into the flight spinning blue wheel started and FSX crashed.

It clearly has something to do with the PMDG 777 (NGX, J4100, Coolsky DC9, A2A C172 have no issues). I'm not saying it is not an interaction with some other add-on, but given it only happens with 777, means something isn't right. 

Hopefully SP1 fixes this.

Ryan P