Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

No Vector Road Lights with UTX

Probably UTX road set of textures are not included in Global lights autogen?

This is with FTX Global v1.1

With UTX over Munich:

2013-9-6_17-51-10-251_zps9f662707.jpg

UTX disabled (default FSX):

2013-9-6_18-26-6-565_zpseb98729d.jpg

How to enable road light with UTX enabled? I took a look at UTX setup tool to change road textures, but honestly I don't know how, or what textures to apply.

Any suggestions?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

John V. at OrbX said there is no way for them to edit the UTX roads to include the 3d lighting because it would require modifying UTX's files, and UTX will probably never add it because they are partnered with GEX who are VERY anti-OrbX...

So unfortunately you'll have to live with it until OrbX comes out with their own vector roads data.

So we need UTX for the roads to be there in the first place. Then we need FTX to light them up. But we cant get both? Wont UTX atleast partially light up it's own roads, if UTX lights are enabled? 

I think that I replaced default road textures with AS2012 road textures. Will check that tonight.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

What are you guys talking about? I have the FTX vector road lights and I have UTX. In UTX you have to deactivate the lights, and check the box to use vector lights FTXG

I noticed that if I deactivate the UT Exclusions For Default Scenery subfolder in the scenery library, I DO GET highway lights.

But things are a little messy along coastlines.

Maybe there is a way to only remove the roads from the exclusions? That way FSX default roads get on top or near the UTX ones, and they do get the FTXG lighting, which is quite nice....

:drinks:

I have also taken to deactivate,using the UTX SETUP Tool, the minor urban roads: This makes for much niocer town and citys without the overlapping UTX ones while maintaining major city roads. 

First photo: FTXG-1.1 along the Saint Lawrence River coast near CYZV with a small village in the foreground illuminated by FTXG lights. Minor urban and maybe (?) minor rural roads deactivated in Setup Tool for UTX Canada. Major roads active.

Next photo: After removing from the UT Exclusions For Deafult Scenery and placing  into a hidden subfolder all files that begin with R...... 

It is difficult to see the now present highway lightings as is, you will have to click on the image to get a bigger one.

Notice the coast is OK

There are many file types starting with R, such as RDU#### ,  RRU#### ,  RTU#### 

Now to uncover which of the 1590 R* files are definitely required to be removed

Next photo:  A close up look

NOTE : This trick does NOT remove the UTX roads, it includes the default roads (not sure if this is actually what is happening, maybe it removes light vectors?) by removing the default road exclusions such that night lighting can be seen either near or on the UTX roads, depending on the uncertainty and availalbiltyof default FSX road placements.

This will probably look MESSY in daytine

AFTER FURTHER TRIALS AND ERRORS:::: Removing ONLY the 530  RDU#### files is enough. The other RRU### and RTU#### can remain in their UTX folder.

Remember to place files in another folder and do so at your own risk

This is so complicated. :D
Did guys from ORBX posted some night screens with UTX? Can't remember.

Daytime photo: There is some doubling of roads as seen here

pic taken on base leg approach for R29 at CYGP Gaspe

res = 3600x1920

Can get a bit worse if its a long road.

Can be removed by deactivating UT Roads in World Library. Leaves default FSX roads in its place. UTX has more roads so I would leave it on unless in an area of considerable messy doubling.

What I'm doing now Is I copied the excl UTX folder and now I have one for days and one for nights (this one only with the RDU####s removed), beets restarting FSX, can now do with a simple scenery library editing.

allen

AFTER FURTHER TRIALS AND ERRORS:::: Removing ONLY the 530  RDU#### files is enough. The other RRU### and RTU#### can remain in their UTX folder.

I tried this in UTX Europe but did not get vector lights along the highways.

Did guys from ORBX posted some night screens with UTX? Can't remember.

Not sure, would love to see that. Or if they could make a statement on the issue. 

If you use openvfr's OSM based roads you will get accurate roads with FTXG lighting on them. However it seems you then only get traffic on the main highways, as in FSX default. 

Always these tradeoffs.. I want it all!

Never cared about traffic, I just want light on the roads. :)

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Never cared about traffic, I just want light on the roads. :)

Well then OSM based roads may be your thing. Be adviced though, you will get quite alot of dense rural/urban/suburban roads where there obviously is a town / willage in real life that will not show up in the sim. For that you would need OSM buildings too, but those data are sparse in many areas. France and Netherlands are especially good though, if you can find those (mentioned openvfr has the Netherlands it seems).

Until this is fixed I have opted to use UTX lighting with FTXG. I have a call open with ORBX support but not sure if it can be fixed (ORBX lights on UTX Vector Roads).

UTX lights are pretty darn good though I must say. :)

I compared them. First shot is UTX with lights on top of FTXG and second is FTXG alone with Vector Road Lights enabled at KPDX.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/64425-orbx-pnw-night-lights-versus-ftxgutx/?p=588355

Not sure if you agree but I prefer UTX road textures.

Charles.