Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

No Vector Road Lights with UTX

Ok guys what am I missing? The FTXG manual says it is compatible with UTX. I remember a post in the orbx forums saying you would need to disable UTX lights for the vector lights to work.

That is all I did and I have nice vector lights. As a matter of fact its because of this thats why I do more night flights. Are you guys not turning off the lights in UTX?

That is all I did and I have nice vector lights. As a matter of fact its because of this thats why I do more night flights. Are you guys not turning off the lights in UTX?

Good news is: The folks here found the way to add FTX Global vector lights to UTX roads.

Huge improvement I think and better FPS without the UTX road lights.

Download Los Angeles.  I only use the UTX Major Urban roads with no road encasement.  let the autogen fill in the rest.

xti6.jpg

njqv.jpg

Thanks again!

AWESOME, AWESOME , just plain AWESOME. This really brings FSX night time to life.

Thanks very much to ALL you contributed!!!!!

Did I mention it looks AWESOME!!!!!!!

Glen

Can confirm now also that using the UTX tools to enable/disable roads doesn't effect the terrain.cfg at all.  So once your cfg is edited to add the vector lights to UTX roads you can turn them on/off with the UTX tool as you like.

Near KSFO with more UTX roads enabled.  Major urban and rural.

mmqc.jpg

Here are a few pictures with just disabling UTX lights . Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

the ftx global vector lights are not working in your pictures.  Only the lights annotated around houses in the landclass textures.

Here are a few pictures with just disabling UTX lights .

the ftx global vector lights are not working in your pictures.  Only the lights annotated around houses in the landclass textures.

Correct.

The FTXG vector road lights are missing. Compare them more closely to the other screenshots in this thread. You may have missed it because it appears the road textures you have installed are already very bright - what scenery is it? It's very apparent in the third pic - there are no lights at all along the roads.

The first 2 pics is drezwecki miami city and the third is flytampa st martin

Wow...you folks did it! I've done the suggested edits to my terrain.cfg (after backing it up, of course), and the results are impressive - the major roads and intersections now have vector lighting. Fantastic, and thanks for sharing the solution. It took me maybe ten minutes to do this. 

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Did the terrain.cfg mod and it is GREAT

Its the best

My mods only got deafult roads lit but this gets UTX_Roads lit, and they are SO COOL

Very nice work, it was so easy to do and works perfectly :)

Here is La Crosse, WI

8yA2LIO.jpg

Glad everyone got it working, really makes a huge difference.  A lot of credit to Orbx as well for having developed a vector light, that somehow, is extremely FPS friendly and looks good too.  I can't be believe how smooth the sim is with all these lights.  The FSX nights have just gained a ton of ground on the X-plane nights!

• Upvote 1

Glad everyone got it working, really makes a huge difference.  A lot of credit to Orbx as well for having developed a vector light, that somehow, is extremely FPS friendly and looks good too.  I can't be believe how smooth the sim is with all these lights.  The FSX nights have just gained a ton of ground on the X-plane nights!

+1

Rod Beck

+10000000000000......

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d