Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

No Vector Road Lights with UTX

Would be nice if ORBX could introduce a new switch in the FTX central like 'use FTX vectorlights in UTX areas' to make those changes in terrain.cfg automatically.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Would be nice if ORBX could introduce a new switch in the FTX central like 'use FTX vectorlights in UTX areas' to make those changes in terrain.cfg automatically.

Harry

It's other developers entries, so he can't touch them. So it's either up to the UTX developer to make the changes, or to Give Orbx permission to do them themselves.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

That's what JV just said too.

He also confirms that Themachine's edits are the right way to get Orbx lights work with UTX  :smile:

Well done guys !

• Upvote 1

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

What a great community. I got this terrain.cfg tweak to work. Kudos to Themachine Galen and Bunkers.

Unfortunately I still have a small(?) issue. When looking backwards everything looks fine. But looking forwards, the drawing distance of the night lights seems much to short. I observed this during the whole flight from Portland to LA (following I5). Is this normal? I would prefer it the other way round.

See pictures (approaching LA downtown from north east, 5000ft 180kias).

Edit: Sorry, don't know  why it does not accept my pictures (two jpg pics 1200x720, each less than 400KB, according to forum rules)

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

It is normal. The 3d lights are part of autogen which means it loads up at the same rate and distance as your regular autogen. It seems to be longer behind you because the terrain rendering engine has already had time to render that area as fly over it. :)

You can increase the night lights distance by tweaking lod_radius in fsx.cfg but it puts a heavy toll on your system going above the default max of 4.5.

I still have not bought the FTXG but thinking about it. I fliy mostly the ORBX areas but maybe I should get out of the box if all works well. I was not really sure how well UTX was going to work with FTXG so I was holding out. I wonder how well this fix works with the other flight sim ? :ph34r:  Someone posted some pics of the other sim with UTX active, and it had blue roads. There was a fix for this but cannot remember. The not rememembering stuff comes with the diagnosis of CRS disease that is progressively getting worse.

Bob

Oh, that sounds great!

But could one do me a favor and could do ONE post, where now all tweaks are described step by step.

I read here one person does this and another does this ... I'm not too much in the thing to know now exactly what to do.

Would be very nice to have one complete instruction.

Many thanks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's great news! Congratulations!!!

Has anyone got this to work in P3D? When I enable the UTX road layer in P3D, I get blue embeded lighting on the roads...is there any solution to that?

I suppose if I do the trick, I will get FTXG's lights over the blue painted roads.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Whoa guys, I'm glad I entered this topic! Didn't know that it was possible to have FTXG lights on UTX roads!

Thank you so much! 

Hehe...so I edited the terrain.cfg file and everything looks awesome except one thing...FPS took a nose dive right into the abyss, especially with moderate AI traffic. Not really worth it imo, and I have a really beefy system performaning quite well otherwise. And yes UTX light are disabled, since I never enabled them...

I really hope this doesn't happen with Orbx upcoming vector product, cause if so, Im definately out. 

big edit: So I tried something. I disabled UTX completely so Orbx Global vector lighting works normally on default roads...Looks great without the massive FPS hit, so something is not kosher here with these cfg changes.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Hehe...so I edited the terrain.cfg file and everything looks awesome except one thing...FPS took a nose dive right into the abyss, especially with moderate AI traffic. Not really worth it imo, and I have a really beefy system performaning quite well otherwise. And yes UTX light are disabled, since I never enabled them...

I really hope this doesn't happen with Orbx upcoming vector product, cause if so, Im definately out. 

big edit: So I tried something. I disabled UTX completely so Orbx Global vector lighting works normally on default roads...Looks great without the massive FPS hit, so something is not kosher here with these cfg changes.

You can get some of those frames back by turning off HiDef 3D Cockpit in FSX Settings. While some older aircraft you may notice a diifference, the newer ones with HiDef textures to begin with, you may hardly notice. Like the NGX or LRX. As with everything is FS it's a tradeoff, but you'll get a substantial boost in frames doing it. 

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

No fps hit at all here. Also HiDef virtual cockpit when enabled will cause a fps drop on low spec systems, maybe.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

or I will maybe still wait till ORBX Vector is out :lol:  ^_^

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

You dont have to wait

Do it now its easy

Gives you a good substitute until ORBX V is out

I would think there are other perks in ORBX-V to make it worth the expense