Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

No Vector Road Lights with UTX

just finished an app that automates setting or removing VectorAutogen to all or some UT_ROADS_ in terrain.cfg. and about to add a mix and match for textures.

Besides the legal issues here, UTX already has this capability in the advanced options. You can use alternate or create your own texture sets, for most UT objects, including Roads.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Did you get this sorted Daz? I added all the rural roads, bridges & ramps I could find  - hoping to resolve the problem this particular area south of KFSO but got no joy.

Is there a 'definitive' list of road objects that need to be massaged?

Hi,

No, still have a problem there.  I have edited all entries based on number of lanes with the vector lights I think would be relevant, including ramps, bridges, highways etc.

I've noticed the lights seem to occupy scenery grids and when they stop as in KSFO, they all stop abruptly at the same scenery grid edge if that makes sense.

Daz

I've noticed the lights seem to occupy scenery grids and when they stop as in KSFO, they all stop abruptly at the same scenery grid edge if that makes sense.

Same here - never thought of it as related to a scenery grid. I guess the proper course is to find out if this problem is independent of UTX and this terrain.cfg workaround and if so, take it up with the Obrx support people.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Ive noticed that increasing the LOD_Radius does not increase the UTX_lighting radius concurrently

Same here - never thought of it as related to a scenery grid. I guess the proper course is to find out if this problem is independent of UTX and this terrain.cfg workaround and if so, take it up with the Obrx support people.

If you enable UTX lights, do they continue where the FTX vector lights cease to continue? (I haven't tried this).

If you enable UTX lights, do they continue where the FTX vector lights cease to continue? (I haven't tried this).

Okay - UTX road and intersection lights both work perfectly over this area when enabled. I disabled UTX using the quick disable control under the 'terrain' tab in the UTX configuration tool and I still had issues. This is hardly conclusive since UTX is still on my system.

Could someone without UTX USA installed on their system try a night flight out of KSFO and have a look at the area South East of the airport (Burlingame, San Mateo, Redwood City) and see if you have Vector lights along the roadways?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Did you get this sorted Daz? I added all the rural roads, bridges & ramps I could find  - hoping to resolve the problem this particular area south of KFSO but got no joy.

Is there a 'definitive' list of road objects that need to be massaged?

Be careful about adding it to all roads. FSX has trouble handling it. I find you can add it to all the 2 and 3 lane roads, but not the 1 lane roads (There is just too many of them), as it appears to overload FSX, and FSX can't keep up.  (At least on my system which is admittedly not the strongest.)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Be careful about adding it to all roads. FSX has trouble handling it. I find you can add it to all the 2 and 3 lane roads, but not the 1 lane roads (There is just too many of them), as it appears to overload FSX, and FSX can't keep up.  (At least on my system which is admittedly not the strongest.)

I hear you. The vector lights really drag down my system too (night or DAY!)... but I am trying to troubleshoot this little problem and then do some streamlining of which roads get it and which don't.

Okay - UTX road and intersection lights both work perfectly over this area when enabled. I disabled UTX using the quick disable control under the 'terrain' tab in the UTX configuration tool and I still had issues. This is hardly conclusive since UTX is still on my system.

Could someone without UTX USA installed on their system try a night flight out of KSFO and have a look at the area South East of the airport (Burlingame, San Mateo, Redwood City) and see if you have Vector lights along the roadways?

The vector road lights appear again once I approach KPAO and beyond, they are also OK across the bay.

What I have noticed is that if I edit the terrain.cfg to disable some road lights etc, I have to switch FTX central to a full region and then back to global or I lose the vector lights on UTX roads completely.  FTX central also gives me an error regarding restore.bat but I guess this is because the current and backed up terrain.cfgs do not match at that point in time.

What I have noticed is that if I edit the terrain.cfg to disable some road lights etc, I have to switch FTX central to a full region and then back to global or I lose the vector lights on UTX roads completely. FTX central also gives me an error regarding restore.bat but I guess this is because the current and backed up terrain.cfgs do not match at that point in time.

Never seen this on my system but I've been careful to only edit the terrain.cfg, not swap it out. Also, I have no regions, only FTXG.

ANYBODY?

ANYBODY?
UTX USA is the only UTX I dont have. I just checked and no, I did not see FTXG lights along the roads in the area you mention.

Maybe someone using FTGX in P3D that had trouble installing UTX and therefore did not ; may have the answer to the above

UTX USA is the only UTX I dont have. I just checked and no, I did not see FTXG lights along the roads in the area you mention.

Thanks Bunkers!

Hey folks been reading this thread for a while.  Great Job!

Some questions.  Ok, right now I'm setup with the DX10 stuff, and adjusted my UTX lights, gets fairly choppy in areas. This is just flying the Trike...uggh!

I'm running i7 2600k OC 4.3ghz. Win 7 ult, GTX 580, 16gb ram. FS.cfg is pretty much basic stuff. IE Highmem fix etal.

I have purchased FTXG, but not installed yet.  With these new light fixes, looks like the night lighting has taken on another level.  Much more realsitic from the screenies that I see.

My questions:

Has anyone created a document that clarifies what vector autogen works best with the UTX road textures, to really achieve an awesome night lighting scene.  Or is it a hit/miss type of thing, till you find the right combo.

FTXG light color:  In all the screenies I have viewed, with the extra added vector lights; they appear a yellow color.  Is this correct?   If so, is there a way to edit them to achieve a more

realistic orange color.  UTX nailed it in this regard.  I fly into many large cities, and it is mostly an orange color you see, no yellowish too much.  I'm not talking about a photo/video; I'm

referring to what I see from up front,(B737) flying into the city.  Chicago, LA come to mind right away.

Finally, with the extra vector road lights added, is your flying fairly smooth; or still a hit like the UTX lights.  I learned a long time ago; focus on smooth...not necessarily FPS.

Thanks for any help, info. or ideas.

Best,

David