Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

No Vector Road Lights with UTX

Dang.

I just finished an app that automates setting or removing VectorAutogen to all or some UT_ROADS_ in terrain.cfg. and about to add a mix and match for textures.

I was about to ask ORBX and Scenery Solutions for permission to display their textures in the app but reading ORBX answer on another thread here, 

doing that seems is a lost cause.

So there goes my VectorAutogen  & mix and match texture application,  probably won’t see the light of day or make it public.

I think it would be alright, since your app doesn't contain proprietary textures- it just basically changes lines of text in a default fsx file. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

I'd love to try this mod on my system, but with several different people posting changes that they have made in several posts it seems a little complicated. Is it possible for someone to post the changes that need to be made to the cfg file in one post so everything is in one location? Or, is it possible for someone to post a modified terrain.cfg file to replace the cfg in my FSX directory? I have my sim running almost perfectly and I'd hate to screw it up.

Thanks,

John

Here's a complete list of the terrain.cfg vector autogen additions for UTX (Canada & USA) that I've settled on. I think they look pretty realistic. There are a lot of lights, so if you don't have a good machine, you may wish to remove some to retain your FPS.

Note - this is only the relevant portion of the terrain.cfg file - not the whole file!!

Feedback welcome!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Thank you! If I make a back up of my current terrain.cfg file can I revert back to what I currently have before making these changes? Also, just to be clear, do I simply copy what you have provided and paste it over the information in my terrain.cfg file?

Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

John

Yes, make a copy of your terrain.cfg and tuck it away. You can put back the original if you get into trouble.

I think you could just overwrite the equivalent section with my file - check out your file and confirm you have the same entries. Or (more tedious, but maybe safer) would be to copy and paste each 'Vector Autogen' line from my file into yours. Up to you!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Thanks @odourboy for posting that!

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Glad to hear this worked out for you. I've received a lot of help from members of this site so I'm happy to have the opportunity to pay it forward. :)

Hey guys, great work here and thanks. Quick question, I notice the orbx lights have some yellow and some white color lights. Are those white looking lights randomly placed with the others or is there a separate line for those? Say if I wanted to add the white lights to the town but leave the yellow to the rural, is that possible? Thanks.

Hey guys, great work here and thanks. Quick question, I notice the orbx lights have some yellow and some white color lights. Are those white looking lights randomly placed with the others or is there a separate line for those? Say if I wanted to add the white lights to the town but leave the yellow to the rural, is that possible? Thanks.

As far as the 3D scenery lights, I think you're in for a challenge although I've never even tried to dig into them.

The roadway Vector lights - If you look in the Terrain.cfg, I think the Large and Small highway lights are yellow, whereas the Medium road are white.

UTX USA is the only UTX I dont have. I just checked and no, I did not see FTXG lights along the roads in the area you mention.

My modified file posted to the forum will light up all the roads you seek. I can't remember, if UTX for USA and Canada also includes the region of the Caribbean, but if it does, with this file, you will also now have Vector Street Lighting upon the roads on the islands. It adds immeasurably to the feel of you really being there, Dusk, full blown Night, and Dawn!  If you need to purchase UTX for the USA or the Carib, I now highly suggest that move.  Have fun.

Glad to hear this worked out for you. I've received a lot of help from members of this site so I'm happy to have the opportunity to pay it forward. :)

Thank you for your efforts in this. It really made a difference to the night environment!  All looks great!

As far as the 3D scenery lights, I think you're in for a challenge although I've never even tried to dig into them.

The roadway Vector lights - If you look in the Terrain.cfg, I think the Large and Small highway lights are yellow, whereas the Medium road are white.

Good enough, thanks.

Hi to all out there and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

UTX promised to have a very special tool that allows to use FTXG vector lights with their UTX products.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/flight1-utx-products_topic48058_post295446.html?KW=FTX+Global+Vector+lights#295446

UTX says:

"For example, there is currently a public patch that will allow UTX users to add FTX-style lighting to their UTX roads.    For those of you that find this process too technical, we should very soon have a new tool available to automate this process for you.     This tool will allow you to integrate the best FTX features with those you have paid for in UTX."

Cheers Tom

Guys, sorry for being the gravedigger of this topic... but I have a little problem and would like to know if someone else faced something similar. 

I installed some FTX regions and decided to use FTX Central in "Hybrid" mode. I noticed my terrain.cfg had lost the "VectorAutogen" entries, so I wasn't seeing FTX Global lights in UTX roads anymore. Did all the work again but still I can't see the lights. 

So... can anyone confirm is it's possible to see FTXG lights in UTX roads while using the "Hybrid" mode?

Thanks! 

Does it work with Prepar3d v3 too?

I dont have FTX Global installed but FTX EU England etc. so I have FTX Central too.

So my Addons are GEP3D, UTX and FTX Lights, but I dont see the light from FTX in my sim.

What do I wrong?

I followed the explanations few sites before.