Sign in to follow this  
coolpilot06

Unable to Connect to Activation Server...but good internet connection. No firewall?

Hello - I have opened a ticket, but in the meantime, did anyone else have this issue / know what to do?

After installing the product, I ran the Ops Center to download a livery, then ran FSX. Upon loading the aircraft for the first time, was asked to activate.

Every time I enter my activation code, the popup quickly loads up until "Context Created" but then hangs here.

A few seconds later I receive the Unable to Connect to Activation Server error message. I have an internet connection and tried turning off the Firewall and antivirus, but still did not work.

Support responded the issue may be to Port 8888 being blocked.  "The activation window attempts to connect to license.precisionmanuals.com on port 8888."   However, I am not connecting with a router.  I do not know how to make sure this port is open or what I need to do?

Should I uninstall and try it again? 

Thank you for any insight.