Sign in to follow this  
jont

Let's go AI Native!

AI packages such a WOAI (Word of AI) use aircraft models that are still in FS9 or even FS8 format. These slow down the sim and can cause other problems.

So what the OP was asking for is to abandon those legacy AI aircraft models for native FSX models.

Thank you for the explanation, kind one. Huh, I would of thought FS9 planes would be easier to run than FSX models.

Hope there will be a FSX native AI 777 soon. There are too many of them flying around, a native model should be able to save some FPS.

Danny F

UT2 has the excellent (upgraded) B777-200 and B777-300 from TFS - it's a shame they didn't include an upgraded TFS A380-800.

Cheers

Jont

UT2 has the excellent (upgraded) B777-200 and B777-300 from TFS - it's a shame they didn't include an upgraded TFS A380-800.

Cheers

Jont

Yes, I have UT2. Since they don't include all variations of 777 (only 772 and 773), I add the original 777-300er and 777-200LR back.

Danny F

If the lightmap doesn't work properly it's because the repaint wasn't painted properly to be used in FSX.

Of course, but who has time to update 343294392148912489182009124893204 repaints?

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Hi

Does anyone know of any native military ai aircraft for FSX?

Cheers

Jont

I read the OP fully and still don't understand what he's referring to. Go native, to what end?

I think he means everyone should fly naked. :lol:

For the OP, everything you keep asking for is in MTX and yes they are all native FSX.  I am parked right now at the new international terminal at KATL and there are all kinds of 777's 767.  Also they are light on frames.

Bob 

Yes - I saw your post -  here's hoping MCX will be the ultimate tool to port those FS9 bad boys over to FSX.

Cheers

Jont

Well, the *ultimate* tool would be GMax and the complete source files as I'm pretty sure that even with MCX, you'd miss out on one or two things from the original model.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Also they are light on frames.

They are light on frames because they are light on quality. They look like they pre-date FS2002.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

AI packages such a WOAI (Word of AI) use aircraft models that are still in FS9 or even FS8 format. These slow down the sim and can cause other problems.

So what the OP was asking for is to abandon those legacy AI aircraft models for native FSX models.

Sadley the are...If they could change them to native FSx format, a lot of people would be quite happy.

They are light on frames because they are light on quality. They look like they pre-date FS2002.

I would not say the models are pre FS2002.  How ever if you had AI at the same external quality of PMDG, LDS or A2A you would have massive stutters even a slide show at airports like KATL, KLAX or KORD.  Its a trade off, the only external model that I want extreme detail is the plane that I fly.  IMHO MTX planes are OK and they don't cause stutters.

Bob