Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mynetdude

FSXAssist Configuration Topic

8 posts in this topic

I've emailed the developer quite awhile back and some time ago before the 1.08 update about FSXA not remembering my registration key and he found some cryptic data in the FSX logs which would suggest malware/virus but I have done multiple scans over and over and over and find nothing.  Windows Defender & Malwarebytes both find nothing, so either the malware is being suppressed or there really isn't any?  But now that I have 1.08 it now won't remember where my fsx.cfg is and FSXA won't launch FSX without it (even after I've told it where it is; it still won't launch it)

So here again a software I can't really recommend or use the FSX joystick dropout feature because I'm unable to launch FSX from within FSXAssist

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello - sorry to hear about your FSXAssist issues.

We recommend that you try the following:

1) Reinstall your .Net runtimes 3.5, and 4.5 specifically.

2) Disable any Anti-virus software except for Windows Security which is approved with FSXAssist.

3) Ensure that your FSXAssist install folder has full Administrator access.

Basically your issue is related to 1 of the above and / or a path that FSXAssist cannot resolve.

We can help if you can supply us with your FSXAssist.log and FSXAssist.exe.config.  These usually give use enough information to troubleshoot any issues.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software

Hello - sorry to hear about your FSXAssist issues.

We recommend that you try the following:

1) Reinstall your .Net runtimes 3.5, and 4.5 specifically.

2) Disable any Anti-virus software except for Windows Security which is approved with FSXAssist.

3) Ensure that your FSXAssist install folder has full Administrator access.

Basically your issue is related to 1 of the above and / or a path that FSXAssist cannot resolve.

We can help if you can supply us with your FSXAssist.log and FSXAssist.exe.config.  These usually give use enough information to troubleshoot any issues.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software

We talked about this problem before, but I figured I would post here to see if anybody else had the problem; but I tried to tell you before that I had no malware/viruses (and yes I do understand that its likely/possible the malware/virus could've been a rootkit or be suppressing itself or taking control of windows defender but I don't believe any of that is the case oddly.   It was #3 and I am not surprised, this is a common problem for a lot of FSX addons not just FSXA ;) but I wished you had brought that up, but I will try to remember next time so thank you again :D

Ok I got FSXAssist to save my key and cfg locations

Unfortunately FSXA won't stay open even though I have the box unchecked that tells it to close after launching FSX; it still closes anyway so now what???

Good Deal - FSXAssist will continue to run in the taskbar after FSX starts if the 'Close On Load' option is unchecked. It will reopen upon a FSX crash or you click on the taskbar icon.  

Also FSXAssist will automatically close when it senses that you closed the FSX session.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software 

Hmm... I didn't see it in the task bar; I'll report back because I know that windows will hide certain icons so I will try again :)

Good Deal - FSXAssist will continue to run in the taskbar after FSX starts if the 'Close On Load' option is unchecked. It will reopen upon a FSX crash or you click on the taskbar icon.  

Also FSXAssist will automatically close when it senses that you closed the FSX session.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software 

Hmm... I didn't see it in the task bar; I'll report back because I know that windows will hide certain icons so I will try again :)

Unfortunately its not working the way you said it would; I don't understand why I'm being second guessed; if I had seen it in the task bar I wouldn't have made this point out; I am pretty sure its not working it CLOSES when its NOT supposed to the tickbox that is supposed to be unchecked is supposed to prevent this.

If you want to second guess people who are coming to you for your help on your software that's fine I don't have a problem with that, believe me it does not help with getting efficient tech support which you aren't required to give.

Unfortunately it is difficult to correctly troubleshoot issues when the computer having the problem is not available so the next best thing is to get as much information as possible.

Please contact support@skypilot.biz so we can work through any issues.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software