Sign in to follow this  
Bookie454

Professional Flight Planner X

Hey there,

I just wanted to ask if anybody knew a worded tutorial on how to use the PFPX effectively utilising the features e.g. ETOPS or NOTAMs or how to set up the 777 for it with an example route etc etc.

I have searched around and only seen youtube videos, these are difficult for me to understand as I am deaf.

Thank you very much  ^_^

Double Post, please discard

My apologies

Sam Book

**Edit, it appears my other post was deleted, so please don't discard this post as there isn't another copy of this post! Cheers!

Sam Book

Doesn't PFPX include a proper tutorial document?

And wow, you're deaf, I can't imagine playing flight sims without enjoying the sounds. Good luck with that.

No it doesnt.  And if I was being honest, the documentation for PFPX is borderline ###### poor.  It isnt too hard for someone familiar with commercial aviation to understand what to do, but I cannot imagine how those who are less than familiar are dealing with it.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

No it doesnt.  And if I was being honest, the documentation for PFPX is borderline ###### poor.  It isnt too hard for someone familiar with commercial aviation to understand what to do, but I cannot imagine how those who are less than familiar are dealing with it.

I believe there are some tutorials on you tube from the makers of PFPX. Also the is not bad it tells you what most of the stuff in the program is such as Redispatch, ETOPS  etc.

Agreed, the "manual" mostly just list the functions with not many useful explanations or alternatives.

But the sw is awesome, I love it and I have learned alot about planning in a few days by testing different scenarios and x-checking around the net.

23.png

And wow, you're deaf, I can't imagine playing flight sims without enjoying the sounds. Good luck with that.

What an encouragement.  :mellow:

What an encouragement.  :mellow:

That "Wow, you're deaf" part sounded mean I now realize but wasn't meant that way! Just don't know how to sentence that differently.

I LOVE PFPX - but thank god I knew what half of it meant prior because there is no real tutorial. I pretty much taught myself and found a lot of features by accident. I'll write a post tonight (hopefully) on setting up ETOPS for the 777. I won't go through Notices To Airmen (NOTAMS) because they're pretty irrelevant to an FS user and plenty of information online.

I LOVE PFPX - but thank god I knew what half of it meant prior because there is no real tutorial. I pretty much taught myself and found a lot of features by accident. I'll write a post tonight (hopefully) on setting up ETOPS for the 777. I won't go through Notices To Airmen (NOTAMS) because they're pretty irrelevant to an FS user and plenty of information online.

That'd be great. I *think* I'm doing it right by setting up the flight with ETOPS pairs, but it would be good to see how someone else does it.

I'll write a post tonight (hopefully) on setting up ETOPS for the 777.

That would be awesome if you could, because while I have a vague idea of the purpose of ETOPS, I havnt a clue how to set it up and as such have so far put off planning a long-haul flight using PFPX. Mainly because I can't release the flight plan until the ETOPS section has been completed.

Luke Cantrill

Fly UK - Cargo Operations

-Luke Cantrill

staffsignature.php?pilotid=UKV1386

Hi there! 

Thanks for all the replies, i have started reading the pdf that Geoff kindly pointed out to me! As some of you were saying its pretty difficult for me to get to grasps with it as I don't have the knowledge that someone working with this kind of thing everyday in real life! Thats what im hoping to improve on! Will be interested in seeing that some of the future tutorials to come out will be broken down into more simple forms that the ones currently out!

Thanks again!

Sam Book

Wow dude, congrats. You're an &@($*.