Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

What Flight Planning Software Are You Using?

I have all payware flight planners but the new one, which name i can't recall.

What are people using for the T7?

That's the only one I don't have.  I know it was very hyped, but is it really better than the rest?

Yes. By far the best application out there for planing. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

Thanks Jordan

Alas, it looks like even more money to part with!

You will love it.  I have been using it from the day it came out on my PMDG products. It's very intuitive too. I haven't read the directions much because of its ease of use.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

The only flightplanner I've used before is FSBuild that I certainly liked and it could do lots of things. Well, I've also used FSCommander and FSBuild but I always considered them not to be flightplanners - rather moving maps with basic flightplanning functions. While I think FSBuild had a rather boring interface it certainly yielded excellent flightplans especially if you paired it up with Active Sky to get winds enroute. But PFPX is actually FUN to use. First I was afraid it would be euros spent on nothing but now I more feel like if the airplane I wan't to fly doesn't have a profile in PFPX (preferably also Topcat) I'll use another airplane instead!

Talking about dull interfaces - I saw the Just Planes Air Canada B777 Polar  where they have a pretty deep presentation of the LIDO flightplanning software they used. THAT was dull! :D 

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I got PFPX when I got the 777 (same day, release day for 777).

love it! 

During WorldFlight one year, there was a group of guys from some real airlines that attended, 3 guys from flight ops, and from 2 different companies. During the week one of them demoed their flight dispatch system which did flight/fuel planning, and had functionality similar to PFPX. It was the first time I was actually amazed at a piece of flight planning software.

Previously I'd seen FSbuild and was not impressed.

PFPX has pretty much as much wow factor as that 'real airline's dispatch program' I saw that year.

Maybe even more.. exporting flightplan direct to Vatsim's Flightplan Pre-file page is pretty awesome! not to mention exporting to activesky, the PMDG FMS Co-Route and porting the ActiveSky winds to the .wx file and uploading that straight into the 777 FMS.

paint me amazed.

Cant go past using pfpx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I've been using the new PFPX but for some reason I cannot seem to get the T7's FMC when making the Route Request to show up the flightplan created within PFPX. So, I have reverted to using my excellent AivlasSoft EFB which also has a map follower like the old oft-missed FSNavigator. I have not seen PFPX do that. Nevertheless, it works seamlessly with Topcat for everything else in prepping a flight.

I am having the same problem exporting the flight plan to my 777-200/300.  When I make the request and load it there is nothing.  The software does not export the waypoints, the fuel, the weather, NOTHING!  Just my departure airport and my destination.  It won't even export the flight number I designated when in the planning phase.  I tweeked the 777 when purchased as the instructions called for.  I have taken numerous tutorials and training steps to properly do this and NOTHING.   Did I just make a huge mistake buying this planner, or what?

I am having the same problem exporting the flight plan to my 777-200/300. When I make the request and load it there is nothing. The software does not export the waypoints, the fuel, the weather, NOTHING! Just my departure airport and my destination. It won't even export the flight number I designated when in the planning phase. I tweeked the 777 when purchased as the instructions called for. I have taken numerous tutorials and training steps to properly do this and NOTHING. Did I just make a huge mistake buying this planner, or what?

Works fine for me.

First question that I would ask is, are you running the program as administrator?

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

I have been using PFPX since about two months after it was released. It is the best I have seen. Prior to that, I was using VroutePremium. I don't really care for PFPX's technical support. You just need to understand what it can and can't do and that it is only a inexpensive planning tool that does an excellent job if setup correctly. Some people expect the equivalent of a multimillion dollar system that a real airline would use.