Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

What Flight Planning Software Are You Using?

There is no science to installing.  In the beginning it exported the route, but not the fuel plan or anything else.  Now it's the entire plan.  Contrary to popular belief, I haven't had the priveledge to have the same wonderful experience everyone is attesting to.  Since the day of purchase all I have been doing is troubleshooting the thing.  I'm not expecting a multimillion dollar flight plan, just my money's worth.  Its disheartening to find that customer support is non-existant and a resolution nowhere in sight.  I will contact Aerosoft direct.  Otherwise, I'll just go back to my previous method of flight planning.  Thank you all for you help.

I like AivlaSoft EFB - great stuff - not cheap but is very nice and user friendly

Rich Sennett

Hi Dougal,

If cash is tight try looking at Simbrief.com. Its free!!! and works very well. Produces a flight plan which you can export as a PDF for printing etc.

Like Richard I also use EFB which is great for adding sid,stars and approaches to a flight plan and then tracking your flight. It's payware but worth it in my opinion.

Using both works very well.

I am using Plan G v3.1.1, its freeware and its basic compared to lots of others, however I do have it synced with my FSX including 3rd party airport scenery so I get accurate manual flight plans in FSX, I know lots of people use PFPX though.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I use Simbrief, saves the flight plan as an rte file, dump the PDF in google drive and open it in my second pc. Free and uncomplicated.

-Iain Watson-

I use Simbrief, saves the flight plan as an rte file, dump the PDF in google drive and open it in my second pc. Free and uncomplicated.

I'm using Simbrief too, for a freebie it's excellent.

Just a quick question about it, my flight plan never gives me a SID or a STAR. Is this something I have to work out for myself regarding my first DCT waypoint for SID's and last waypoint for STARS?

I am no expert with it, I use route finder within Simbrief to make the plan (unless it's a common route I can get from onother site), then I do my own SIDS and STARS once in the aircraft.  The takeoff and landing runway is normally easy as you can check this in ASN while putting the info into Simbrief.

-Iain Watson-

I use Simbrief and if that doesn't come up with a route (it usually does) then I use routefinder. Simbrief is brilliant and gives so much OFP functionality for a free product. Fuel planning is generally very reliable too.

In addition I use TOPCAT for performance calculations where possible.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I wanted to give another avenue to the OP. I am using EFASS. It work with all 3 sim I own (FSX, P3D and X-plane 10). Its a lot easier to get into than PFPX. It's cheaper, compatible with IVAO and VATSIM and it has it's own weather engine (UltraWX). It's a jack of all trade. It's a little buggy but there is no other program like it on the market. They have a 14 days trial if you want to try it.

Claude Desrosiers

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I am not sure where all this has got me.  I am looking for a flightplanner that will produce a plan that will import into the PMDG777, when I request route.

I have satisfactory planners that will show the route but I then have to painstakingly input the plan waypoint or airway by airway.

I am not sure where all this has got me.  I am looking for a flightplanner that will produce a plan that will import into the PMDG777, when I request route.

I have satisfactory planners that will show the route but I then have to painstakingly input the plan waypoint or airway by airway.

PFPX is really good with the 777. Can export wind data and routes that can be imported into the 777 FMC by data uplink.

PFPX is really good with the 777. Can export wind data and routes that can be imported into the 777 FMC by data uplink.

I agree with the post by PMDG777. I would go so far as to say it is very good, flexible, and has an incredible number of options. Prior to PFPX I used v.route.premimum. Since there are so many options, it takes a while to set it up and understand it but once you do - how did I ever fly without it?

I am not sure where all this has got me. I am looking for a flightplanner that will produce a plan that will import into the PMDG777, when I request route.

If you are happy with your existing flight planners it makes no sense to buy PFPX. You can put the plan into Simbrief and it will produce a complete OFP and allow you to save the plan in PMDG rte format ready to be requested from the CDU. It also supports the wind forecast request in the FMC. Simbrief is free and merely requires you to register on the website.

ki9cAAb.jpg