Sign in to follow this  
kaspern83

FSX freezes for 10 seconds every minute or so

I find Nick Needham's guide, and generally recommended Nvidia Inspector settings, pretty aggressive actually; I'd be careful to not even go that far.

FSX is most stable and happy when the configuration is the most conservative. Start there and limit your optimizations to gradual improvements, a step at a time.

I find Nick Needham's guide, and generally recommended Nvidia Inspector settings, pretty aggressive actually; I'd be careful to not even go that far.

FSX is most stable and happy when the configuration is the most conservative. Start there and limit your optimizations to gradual improvements, a step at a time.

Huh?  He hardly uses any tweaks.  They are extremely conservative.  His settings are low in comparison to a guide done by Word Not Allowed.  With current high-powered computer systems, you really don't need to tweak at all.  Maybe just change a setting or two.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Jim, maybe you can help out but I ran into another problem, When I am in fullscreen mode, the screen turns all black for a second or 2 then I can see the scenery loading screen that says 100 percent. My outer 2 monitors show my desktop. This happens everytime I switch my view or load a menu. Thanks for any help

Kacper Nowotynski

Hey Jim, maybe you can help out but I ran into another problem, When I am in fullscreen mode, the screen turns all black for a second or 2 then I can see the scenery loading screen that says 100 percent. My outer 2 monitors show my desktop. This happens everytime I switch my view or load a menu. Thanks for any help

I have two monitors connected to one GTX 780 and that's exactly what happens with mine.  Multi-monitor setups are not more forte'.  Check down in the AVSIM Hardware/Monitor Forum and see if you can find a solution there.  If not, I would post the question down there where the real experts hang out. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I love when someone says "just" unistall and reinstall FSX!  Sure,  ok.  I'll do that tonight between 8-9.  In reality it takes me about 2-3 days to unistall FSX and alll the addons.  This is not a real solution it's a final solution when nothing else works (ie OS crashes).  I mean you can't just unistall FSX proper and reinstall and have all addons working can you?       

FSUIPC "Keep FS Clock sync'd" can cause this. It can also cause a pause in the sim.

I love when someone says "just" unistall and reinstall FSX! Sure, ok. I'll do that tonight between 8-9. In reality it takes me about 2-3 days to unistall FSX and alll the addons.

I know exactly what you are saying.  I try to avoid that advice as much as possible.  Sometimes though, it takes just as long to investigate the cause of the crash.  It is rare when there is a known cause for a crash.  Every system is different.  Everyone's knowledge of computers is different.  Now we have high-powered systems that are overclocked which brings in even more problems.  For instance, did you know that a poor Power Supply in your computer can bring down FSX?  This might be why some crashes occur occasionally.  The power supply may work great for a few sessions then fail in others.  This is just one example one must put up with when he/she gets a crash in FSX.  Sometimes it's just easier to purchase a new system or reinstall Windows and FSX.

The one suggestion I hate the most in this forum or anywhere on the Internet when looking for a solution to a problem is "Go to Google and find your solution".  I try to do that for others in trouble and provide my findings here.  Not every AVSIM member is computer literate.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

And of course you could check for malware/addware ect. I clicked on a naughty site this one time by accident and days later FSX paused every 10 seconds or so hmmmmmmm

And of course you could check for malware/addware ect. I clicked on a naughty site this one time by accident and days later FSX paused every 10 seconds or so hmmmmmmm

lol, thats not the culprit =) I checked the time clock sync, wasnt enable, I disabled it and problem still persists. I changed the multimonitor performance in nvidia inspector also still exists.. The problem is just annoying. After I loaded the fsuipc settings, When I closed it now when I change views now the fsuipc settings window is loaded instead of the fsx loading window. 

Kacper Nowotynski