Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jjjallen

FSXAssist Registration Topic

74 posts in this topic

Some users have registration issues obtaining their registration key after an FSXAssist purchase via PayPal.

The process should be automatic and works as follows:

1) The new user completes their secure purchase on PayPal (link available on SkyPilot.biz/home) after which the user should be redirected to a new browser session with their PayPal purchase information.  Note: only valid PayPal transactions are recognized so spoofing is not an option.

2) The user must then enter the email where they want their FSXAssist account to be registered and key sent to.  Note that this can be different than their PayPall registered email.

3)  FSXAssist will then process the transaction and send and email to the new user.

4) Enter your emailed key in the FSXAssist UI when it is first run.

Since the SkyPilot website uses current web technologies such as CSS3 and HTML5 some browsers may fail on step 2.

Our recommendation then is to use the latest browser available when making an FSXAssist purchase.  These include IE10+, FireFox 23+ and Chrome 29+.

These will ensure a smooth, trouble-free FSXAssist registration process.

Finally, a PayPal account is not required to make an FSXAssist purchase ($12.95) as PayPal allows for instant credit card purchases.

In any case SkyPilot has a less than 1 day turnaround on manual registrations which can be initiated by contacting support@slypilot.biz.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi - just purchased through Paypal, was then sent to the page to register my email address, but when I click in the box to enter my email address it does nothing (frozen).  The register button is also frozen.  Please let me know, thanks

Mike

Hi Mike - your key has been emailed.  BTW which browser are you using?

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software

Same problem here Jim, using Safari on iPad (iOS 6).

I bought the software earlier today but somehow I never made it to the registration page.My browser froze on me.I entered my email( used to purchase) in the the email retrieve key box but I get a no key message as if i did not purchase ?

How do I get my key ?

Thanks

Vic

Hi vic - Your key has been sent.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards

Jim Allen

SkyPilot Software

Hello,

I have a similar problem. Purchased the software yesterday but didn't receive the key by mail. I've send a mail to support but no answer so far.

Thank you

Jos

Hi Jos - Your FSXAssist key has been emailed to you.

Regards

Jim Allen 

SkyPilot Software

Hi Jim,

Still no key in my mailbox :huh:

Something went wrong?

Jos

Hi Jos - please send me your current email to support@skypilot.biz so we can rectify.

Regards

Jim Allen