Sign in to follow this  
davecat

PMDG 777 vs LevelD 767

^This.  Also the sound packs PMDG develops for their addons add so much to the experience.  If I remember right the sound pack with the Level D was pretty bad. 

I purchased TSS soundpacks for the 767 and my ATR72.  I bet they are as good or even better.  Have your choice of three different engines...P&W, GE, and Rolls.

My point, which I haven't stressed is this.  I have tweaked the 767 to the max.  Why should I bother spending $90 for a T7 when I fail to see the value in simply adding another long range Boeing to my fleet.

Appreciate all the feedback.  Sticking with my 767.  Graphics is not a game changer, nor compression as I fly on Vatsim and my VA does not allow.

For me the sim is about navigation, and learning procedures pure and simple whether VFR in the J41 or IFR in the 767.  Flight dymanics...really...in a sim...I bet most folks engage the autopilot 1000AGL.

I have both products, with the 763 maxed out on mods and tweaks.

Brand new out of the box, the PMDG 772 is superior in all respects.

spacer.png

Dave, you've asked this question at least twice.  It sounds like you've already made up your mind.  In your case, perhaps you shouldn't get the 777 because as you've said, you have a long-hauler that you are completely satisfied with.  In your case and I were you, I would get the NGX if I didn't have it already and fly it.  Sorry, didn't see if you had it already...  Either way, it sounds as though anything we say isn't going to change your mind and may actually stiffen your resolve.

Best

Kev

I purchased TSS soundpacks for the 767 and my ATR72.  I bet they are as good or even better. 

They're not.  

Matt Wilson

My point, which I haven't stressed is this.  I have tweaked the 767 to the max.  Why should I bother spending $90 for a T7 when I fail to see the value in simply adding another long range Boeing to my fleet?

Then don't.

I thought your original question was genuinely open minded, but if you don't mind me saying, you seem to have firmly made up your mind that the LDS767 is fine for you, and that you don't need the PMDG777.     That's fair enough and your choice entirely, but why do you need people attempting to persuade you otherwise, when you have a firm mindset on this...?

Dave, you've asked this question at least twice.  It sounds like you've already made up your mind.  In your case, perhaps you shouldn't get the 777 because as you've said, you have a long-hauler that you are completely satisfied with.  In your case and I were you, I would get the NGX if I didn't have it already and fly it.  Sorry, didn't see if you had it already...  Either way, it sounds as though anything we say isn't going to change your mind and may actually stiffen your resolve.

Best

Kev

+1

Six years separate these airplanes.  Both PMDG and Level-D made their respective 747 and 767 products compatible with FSX when it was released, and I enjoyed them for a long time.  What PMDG offers today with the T7 is far more advanced, so it's not a fair comparison.  The Level-D 767 is timeless in many respects, but if you want more feautres and realism, you have to go with the T7.  Even my NGX feels old  :P

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I thought 89 dollars was very high, still think it is

I bet you do Alex, x2  even worse... :-/  :-)  I'm loving it!!!!!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

BYE! 

Don't use capitals Phil!   (Joking!)   :lol:

I bet you do Alex, x2  even worse... :-/  :-)  I'm loving it!!!!!!!!

They both were totally worth it ;-)

Alexis Mefano

The LDS was a ground breaker in its day (no one else has simulated since the hosties shouting at you for being too warm or too cold!) but that VC is just too old to do it for me anymore. It's like the difference between a Nokia from 2005 and an iPhone 5. Both do the job but one is from now and looks it!

The LDS was a ground breaker in its day (no one else has simulated since the hosties shouting at you for being too warm or too cold!) but that VC is just too old to do it for me anymore. It's like the difference between a Nokia from 2005 and an iPhone 5. Both do the job but one is from now and looks it!

Still if I'd venture out into the forest, the Nokia from 2005 would be the one I would bring with me! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Still if I'd venture out into the forest, the Nokia from 2005 would be the one I would bring with me! :D

If my life depended on it I think I would too. Not much FaceTiming to be done out in the wilderness....

Well looks like the member who made the question already knew the answer before he started typing the keyboard. But nevertheless, I'll say one more thing.

With the LDS 767, we have a world where everything works as it's supposed to, every flight you do the same checklist, and the systems works predictably well, the only thing that changes is your route, the procedures, etc.

Nowadays, specially with the PMDG 777, there's small details for you to find out every time you go up the skies, PMDG made this bird 20X more complex than we will ever need, but the rewards is that sometimes things won't work as we expect, and we will have to search why is that, and that adds so much to the simulation! It's not button pressing, you're actually turning hundreds of separate components within the system, and they all depend on each other to work correctly, so one variable may be responsible to an entire system going malfunction!

But I guess you're happy with your 767. Just saying, after experimenting this 777 you won't be able to get back on your 767!

Alexis Mefano