Sign in to follow this  
iFlySimX

Mouse Dropping FPS

I know we have to deal with the mouse problem, but PMDG must correct this problem as in the NGX. I see the problem in the NGX, but with minimal impact 1-2FPS, not 10 or 12 as reported by other users!!! 

There's nothing we can do - the 777 is using the exact same system for clickspots that the NGX did.

I don't understand why some are seeing huge drops - I see a 5 or 6 FPS drop in both the NGX and the 777, not some huge 20FPS thing.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

What do people here not understand?? Its an FSX bug! It happens with every aircraft, just more noticeable on the NGX and 777, or any high end payware. A properly tuned high end system will minimize this. There is nothing PMDG can do! Call Microsoft and complain why they laid off the whole team before they could release a patch for it, it is a flaw deep within FSX that we can get around by putting the cursor in the top left corner.

Alex

Hey, I paid for the 777 and i'm allowed to ask questions. I heard a lot of people saying it was a PMDG thing so I came to ask. You don't need to read this thread if it frustrates you. 

There's nothing we can do - the 777 is using the exact same system for clickspots that the NGX did.

I don't understand why some are seeing huge drops - I see a 5 or 6 FPS drop in both the NGX and the 777, not some huge 20FPS thing.

Thanks Ryan!!

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Hey guys i can tell you one thing i don´t understand: Microsoft stopped working on FSX but there are so many intelligent people out there. Why isn´t there somone who can update FSX and create a patch or something for fsx? I mean Prepar3d is one of these persons but they want to create an own simulator etc. LM want to release prepar3d V2. In this version, they want to make FSX using more GPU instead of CPU. Isn´t there a way to create a patch? 

As others said, it's a known FSX bug. But I recall reading somewhere that it can be fixed by putting a pixel behind the cursor or something.

Hey guys i can tell you one thing i don´t understand: Microsoft stopped working on FSX but there are so many intelligent people out there. Why isn´t there somone who can update FSX and create a patch or something for fsx? I mean Prepar3d is one of these persons but they want to create an own simulator etc. LM want to release prepar3d V2. In this version, they want to make FSX using more GPU instead of CPU. Isn´t there a way to create a patch? 

You can't just "create a patch" for FSX, please learn something about programming. You would need the source code for FSX, which only Microsoft has.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You can't just "create a patch" for FSX, please learn something about programming. You would need the source code for FSX, which only Microsoft has.

Or Lockheed Martin(?).

As others said, it's a known FSX bug. But I recall reading somewhere that it can be fixed by putting a pixel behind the cursor or something.

FPS drop means FSX is trying to figure out what is the location of the cursor in the 3d space of the VC. Any trick you do to stop these calculations means you will not be able to use the mouse to operate any switch in the cockpit.

You can open one of the 2D popups and place the cursor there, Or you can rest the cursor on bottom taskbar (if in windowed mode) or the top menu bar. Or you can move it to the second monitor if you have two monitors. Also if you don't move the mouse for a while the cursor will disappear. All these actions will make the VC lose focus and you'll get an FPS increase. But when it comes the time to use the mouse to click any switch it will drop again. It is that simple.

You have to understand that the FPS drop is not something you can gain back. It is related to basic FSX functionality.

For those complaining about it in comparison to the NGX, this is not a valid comparative measurement. You have to compare the FPS you get in both products with the mouse moving. If the 777 gives you the same or more FPS (and my understanding is that this is what has been reported by the majority of users) there is no reason at all to complain. And you should be happy if you get a larger FPS increase in the 777 when the mouse rests.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Confirmed and true, I have to open a 2d pop up, undock the window, then place the mouse cursor there, for me it's a 15 frame hit sometimes.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I only fly PMDG and occasionally take my LDS 767 for a spin and it's been a 5 or6 FPS hit for ever. The 777X is no exception. I just bury my mouse pointer every chance I get.

Don't you just love those MS guys.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

What is your fps with the mouse showing in the 777 cockpit?
What is your fps with the mouse showing in the 737 (NGX) cockpit?

Which one is better fps?

For me it's the 777.

For what it's worth the Default FSX Cessna 172 shows a drop in fps when the mouse is visible in the Virtual 3d cockpit to.

So PMDG, is it placing the mouse cursor over the actual light sensor that brings framerates up, or just it being in the upper left corner? If the former, could the light sensor position be edited to place it in the bottom right corner instead? For those of us with big monitors getting our cursors down to the bottom right would be quicker. Hope this question makes sense.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

This is why I switched to prepar3d! No mouse issue but now, no 777! I can't believe they're not supporting prepar3d.

• Upvote 2

And since that's the mouse cursor thread, dose anybody know a valid reason why my mouse cursor never disappears (even after mouse sitting idle for long periods of time)?.. I know it used to go away after some idle time, but now it's always there (not PMDG T7 related). It's pretty annoying. Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931