Sign in to follow this  
Elwyn

Airbus anyone?

First please don't hate me for this I know it was asked before discussed before and it's too early I know give them a break, but please we have 747 before twice don't ask again come'on. just wondring why not an airbus? Most of other airbus addons are total disapointment, if PMDG can model boeing why not airbus? I mean don't take me seriously please :)

sorry multi thread, it says forbidden!

FSLabs are working on an Airbus A320 and then subsequently the entire A32X series. Will be of PMDG quality.

Jaime Boyle

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

pilotbanner.jpg

Search Airbus in the PMDG forums. You will find a plethora of threads on this subject. Short answer because I'm feeling kind is something to the effect of Airbus will not (or will charge or whatever) give full unrestricted access to their airplanes, manuals, engineers, etc like Boeing has on their planes, so PMDG doesn't want to put forth a half backside product that can not be replicated down to the last wire and switch.

Search Airbus in the PMDG forums. You will find a plethora of threads on this subject. Short answer because I'm feeling kind is something to the effect of Airbus will not (or will charge or whatever) give full unrestricted access to their airplanes, manuals, engineers, etc like Boeing has on their planes, so PMDG doesn't want to put forth a half backside product that can not be replicated down to the last wire and switch.

Or maybe they have no desire to create one at the moment? I honestly wish people would stop posting junk like the above post, you are just guessing basically and trying to pass it on as gospel....

Rob Prest

Or maybe they have no desire to create one at the moment? I honestly wish people would stop posting junk like the above post, you are just guessing basically and trying to pass it on as gospel....

I'm fairly certain either Ryan or RSR admitted to such a couple of years ago. I truly could be totally out in left field but I feel about 90% sure that was the reason, at least back then.

PMDG have waited too long to even consider an Airbus, that now other developers have decided to take the initiative. 

Boeing is PMDG's area and no other company would dare to do a Boeing because they wouldn't be able to beat PMDG anyway.

Majestic's area is Bombardier, and FSLabs area is Airbus. As long as those are PMDG quality, I don't mind if PMDG is doing them or not.

FSLabs are working on an Airbus A320 and then subsequently the entire A32X series. Will be of PMDG quality.

We prefer to say it will be of FSLabs quality! 

(but for the purpose of reference, sure  :P  )

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

It's no gospel if RSR mentioned it ;) please do your research before posting such comments. Question was asked and someone answered it. May not be the answer you like but you just have to accept it.

Where is that horse, where is that horse!!! :t0152: LOL!!!

Kind regards.

+1

First please don't hate me for this I know it was asked before discussed before and it's too early I know give them a break, but please we have 747 before twice don't ask again come'on. just wondring why not an airbus? Most of other airbus addons are total disapointment, if PMDG can model boeing why not airbus? I mean don't take me seriously please :)

sorry multi thread, it says forbidden!

Please explain why you consider the Aerosoft Airbus Xtended to be a total dissapointment?  For me it's currently the most immersive aircraft available!

Dave Taylor gb.png

It's no gospel if RSR mentioned it ;) please do your research before posting such comments. Question was asked and someone answered it. May not be the answer you like but you just have to accept it. +1

Look, if RSR is claiming that he is unable to create an Airbus because he is unable to get hold of the relevant documentation, line pilots, engineers and engineering schematics (which I highly doubt) then he is doing something wrong.

FSLabs and other developers are able to get hold of this information, no conspiracy from Boeing, Airbus or Area 51 secrecy going on..

What is highly likely is that they have no desire to create an airbus addon at the moment, especially when you consider FSLabs which is owned by an ex PMDG employee is fronting a study sim A3xx project with a good few years head start.

Rob Prest

It's no gospel if RSR mentioned it ;) please do your research before posting such comments. Question was asked and someone answered it. May not be the answer you like but you just have to accept it.

Could somebody point me where did he say so? So far I've seen only people referring to him saying that, yet nobody has been able to offer a link to the original source of information. 

Personally I think it's all rubbish and PMDG doesn't have any particular special access to Boeing stuff, not any more than they could get with Airbus at least.

I think it's obvious why PMDG isn't making an Airbus and that's the extra effort making one would take. After making the 747, 737 and now 777 PMDG is of course quite used to the way Boeing way of things, how the systems work etc. Making a modern Airbus with complicated fly by wire stuff and everything would require quite a bit of extra effort, probably not worth it compared to making something less complicated or something they are familiar with.

Regards

Joona L 

I do remember a post from RSR a long time ago, what usually happens is people blow it completely out of proportion.

Rob Prest

One thing that I continue to wonder about aircraft requests is: how much time does FSX have? With planes taking years to complete and MS not caring if updates break FSX or not can we really expect FSX to last 4 more years (which roughly equates to two complex addons)?

If a new sim does come out in the next 5 years, is it more profitable to port your already completed aircraft while learning the new sim or start from scratch on a new sim on a new aircraft type?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Could somebody point me where did he say so? So far I've seen only people referring to him saying that, yet nobody has been able to offer a link to the original source of information.

Personally I think it's all rubbish and PMDG doesn't have any particular special access to Boeing stuff, not any more than they could get with Airbus at least.

I think it's obvious why PMDG isn't making an Airbus and that's the extra effort making one would take. After making the 747, 737 and now 777 PMDG is of course quite used to the way Boeing way of things, how the systems work etc. Making a modern Airbus with complicated fly by wire stuff and everything would require quite a bit of extra effort, probably not worth it compared to making something less complicated or something they are familiar with.

Regards

Joona L

I refuse to feed the trolls. Use the search function if you desire. I won't do your homework for you. If you want a bus, go with a company that has one. If PMDG hasn't announced one, you're not getting one. If Boeings are PMDG's choice then accept the fact that that's what they do. There are many people out there that have their preferance. But please don't blame PMDG because they chose that route.