Sign in to follow this  
Adam T Lutley

Ftx Global Autogen Buildings

Well, just purchased and installed Ftx Global with no issues and have been playing around with it for a few days. I have all UAC controls off in Windows (7 64bit). My issue relates to autogen buildings. They don't seem to look anything like the various screenshots I've seen and in fact, many look just like the default FSX buildings I've been staring at for years. I can tell that it's installed and working as I can definitely tell the difference in ground textures and autogen flora. One of the major reasons I purchased the product is for a more realistic urban environment. Am I missing something? Any thoughts and ideas welcome.

Adam...not sure what the problem is.  Recommend going to the Orbx support forum and they may have had some inquiries about that same issue. 

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but, ensure you load, or reload, the latest Orbx Library dated 130820.  I always reload that library after I install any Orbx stuff. 

And, don't forget about the update for FTX GLobal, version 1.10. 

Hope you get it figured out.

Rod

Rod Beck

Adam,

Just want to let you know you are not alone. I have just noticed the same thing after installing 1.10. After install I didn't notice anything wrong. I did install a new orbx scenery (74S)after the patch. Not sure if that caused the problem since all was good before installing 74S.

Rod you maybe correct I will try reinstalling the latest library and then head on over to FTX if that doesn't cure the problem.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

After further investigation I found out my problem was an isolated problem one around the KSAN area. I had recently installed of a freeware KSNA airport. The area around KSNA had mostly flat buildings. That was the only problem that I found flat buildings. Re-installing the orbx library is still a good thing to do. Also could increase the autogen and decease autogen to see what impact that might have.

Adam do you have any other orbx scenery (NABlueNRM etc)? How do the buildings look around KSEA. They should not be flat.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Well, did some more testing outside of St Louis and Chicago that I'm very familiar with. I do have TaxiToGate's KSTL and Fly Tampa's KMDW. Not sure if that might be a potential issue. I then went to two completely different regions, EHAM (Amsterdam) and UUEE (Moscow) the buildings really do more accurately reflect the local Building styles and City layouts than the default FSX. The buildings and in particular single family homes seemed much better than the default in all of the screenshots I looked at. Overall, I'm satisfied with the purchase and I can only guess at the effort in developing this product. I'm now eagerly awaiting the open LC products which I hope will further refine region specific characteristics. Regards

After further investigation I found out my problem was an isolated problem one around the KSAN area. I had recently installed of a freeware KSNA airport. The area around KSNA had mostly flat buildings. That was the only problem that I found flat buildings. Re-installing the orbx library is still a good thing to do. Also could increase the autogen and decease autogen to see what impact that might have.

Adam do you have any other orbx scenery (NABlueNRM etc)? How do the buildings look around KSEA. They should not be flat.

This is my first ORBX purchase. Reference my previous post. I do have 3rd party payware for KSTL and KMDW. Overall satisfied with FTXG after some further testing and sampling other regions. Eagerly awaiting the release of the open LC products which should further refine region specific characteristics and hopefully get rid of the dreaded repeating textures at altitude. It was fun to see the center pivot irrigation farms out west ! (can't recall if this was ever in the default FSX). Regards