Sign in to follow this  
koala63

Configure 777 FMC, what i forget ?

Hello guys :)

Im flying this great 777-200LR since one week and im searching another issue to fix my problem.

First i often flew in PMDG MD-11 and it was great experience too ;)

So, when i configure a FMC i can't get info about my PER INIT REQUEST when i click over.

It's the same on the TAKE OFF REQUEST page.This appear in grey and i can't get information about requests... What i forget ?

Step first i go to Fs menu take a fuel and second in perf init page to configure the fuel and other parameters

Step 2 i go to enter my destination fly number SID/STAR etc... and writing my route in the FMC;

Step 3 i come back to perf init, trust limit and take off to get my VS speed and flaps configuration for take off.

So the options off the REQUESTS stay in grey.Im sure i forget a parameter.

Second question:

When you are in final approach, do you disconnect the TOGA or continue with it ?

Actually i disconnect the AP when i arrrive to my MDA alttitude.

Thanks a lot for you next answer :)

Ps: im waiting a link to download the extended package of this pmdg.

Sorry for the dubble post i have a got a "503 error service unvailable"

Those request prompts aren't modeled. In the real plane they're used to download the performance and take off data from the company.

TOGA is Take off/Go around thrust setting, nothing to do with landing (unless you want to go around).

You can disconnect autothrottle if you want (boeing recommend to land with auto throttle), but AT should ne ARMed for whole flight (there's no reason to disarm it ever).

Ok thanks for this information i was thinking TOGA for missed approach and AT to final approach, little bit confusing in my explain.So i disconnect the AP but keep the AT working. Thanks you  ^_^