Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Suggestion between EZdoc & OPUS camera?

I am looking for a program to provide smooth head & camera movements in the virtual cockpit & have been reading about OPUS & EZdoc.,  I would appreciate any suggestions and comments.

Thanks a lot,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

EZDok camera has outstanding cockpit shaking that is influenced by many things suck as g  force, weather turbulence, camera resonance on touchdown. OPUS is very good too, but I prefer EZDok because of realistic very natural random shaking effects.

You will not mistake in either of them! Hope I help a little :)

As I have not played with OPUS I can only attest to the greatness that is EZDok.    The movements are indeed spectacular and the ability to setup up many different camera profiles is The Win.   I have not yet started to try and figure out world cameras in EZDok.  I hear it can be frustrating and tricky to do but I need to master it for when I start making movies with FSX.    EZDok is certainly a good program.   Now, if you don't have a weather engine, OPUS might be a good choice for camera and weather since it kills both birds at the same time with one stone.   I have no use for it as I am perfectly happy with REX Weather and EZDok but it's worth a see if you need both functions.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Not looking to hijack the OPs theread, but can the head shaking, etc. be turned off on EZdok?  

I've tried TrackIR and just don't like how it works.  My alternative is to use HIDMacros to repurpose a USB keypad for the camera buttons so that I can look around the cockpit and out the side windows.

So which has the more flexible, better cameras?  Which has the easier to setup

After that, is the camera portion of Opus worth $10 more than EZdok if I don't need the weather engine.  Of course the $10 might be worth having support and the continued development that comes with OPUS.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

I used ezdok but changed to OPUS some time ago. It is hard to beat their wx program and the camera stuff is top notch. When it comes to customer service it is hard to beat OPUS. And yes, you are correct in saying that the extra 10.00 or so is well worth. You can download the latest beta almost on a daily basis if you wish.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Does OPUS provide the same camera effects and options as EZdoc?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Does OPUS provide the same camera effects and options as EZdoc?

Thanks,

Far, far better, DHM is actually taken from a 737, I switched about 8 months ago and haven't looked back. It also just so happens that Opus is also the best weather engine available, we are getting updates on a weekly basis (sometimes two or even three!) And Stephen (the author) has now included site effects for many airports i.e. windshear etc. Users can also add there own localised effects for there fav airport if it's not already on the list (it's expanding all the time) For the money Opus without a doubt is one of the very best addons for FSX...Ever!

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Far, far better, DHM is actually taken from a 737, I switched about 8 months ago and haven't looked back. It also just so happens that Opus is also the best weather engine available, we are getting updates on a weekly basis (sometimes two or even three!) And Stephen (the author) has now included site effects for many airports i.e. windshear etc. Users can also add there own localised effects for there fav airport if it's not already on the list (it's expanding all the time) For the money Opus without a doubt is one of the very best addons for FSX...Ever!

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

+1

Another vote for Opus over EZDOK.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

I really am going to have to get around to trying this Opus camera. Love what it does with weather and I guess there might also be a system resource gain by dropping Ezdok?