Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FSGRW Users - Support 777 Winds Export Request

It was already requested in the German side and the developer replied saying he's definitely doing it. 

Ah, good to know!  I didn't even think to look in the 'other' forum.  :drinks:  

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

How is that weather addon over long distances? I fly over oceans and for 6+ hours. Any bad wind changes, unrealistic cloud shifts, etc?

Nope, it's excellent as a weather engine. I say this as someone who has used ActiveSky for the last 6-7 years, I was genuinely shocked at how accurate the aloft winds and temperatures are with FSGRW in the middle of the pacific/atlantic (it literally exactly corresponds to what the wind charts say, it also is near enough identical to PFPX's own weather data). Winds are incredibly smooth, despite it actually changing quite quickly sometimes during cruise I haven't seen any S-turning or anything on the last 30 flights I've done with the NGX/777 using FSGRW. I will say though, there are gradual cloud changes when weather updates, but it's nothing worse than what you get with AS2012's DWC.