Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

FSX hangs when doing this

Hi guys,

I was on a flight from LEMD to KBOS today and everything was going flawlessly. I was around 5 hour into the flight when I decided to mess with the plane a bit using manuals and see what things do what. So I got into the FMC and at one point I encountered the "License" option inside the "PMDG Options" menu. I saw two options there that I wasn't familiar with from the NGX. "ACTIVATION CODES" and "UNREGISTER PRODUCT". Just out of curiosity I wanted to see if the plane could display my activation code on the FMC screen. So I clicked the LSK next to it and suddenly FSX hang, nothing worked, nothing was clickable, could not do a single thing. I had to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and open Task Manager, Task Manager would only display for one second then disappear, this is what typically happens when FSX hangs, shown as "Application Hang" in Event Viewer. I managed to kill FSX at last - which was very disappointed after this much progress - fired it up again, loaded the 777 at some random airport and did the same thing and BOOM, FSX hangs again. So this is a reproduceable bug in this plane.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

Tried this and it also seemed to have crashed at first, but when I switched to Window mode from full screen mode, the license key was displayed in a dialog box, not the FMC. I closed the dialog and switched back to FSX and continued the flight.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rynardt Spies

Site: www.virtualvcp.com | Twitter: @rynardtspies

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It would be reproducible if anyone can reproduce it following exact steps to get the unwanted behaviour. If you are getting an error in CRZ in the middle of the ocean and then on a random airport, I would rather look at your MS VC++ runtime libraries installation for example. Did you read the intro doc, specially pages 0.00.11 and 0.00.12? Either way, reinstall them just to be sure.

Rynardt nailed it. FSX is "freezing" because choosing to view the license key opens shows the key in a dialog box, not inside FSX . You need to click ok on that to get back to FSX again.

Maybe this is the way to stop those pirates about whom was posted only a day or two ago and is a built-in feature?