Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Hey ASUS Z87 overclockers, is that real life ?

That "1 click 4 way optimization" sounds kinda sweet, is it your own experience? I dont talk about reaching 4.7 :P but the software user friendliness .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoaAT5TkXc4

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I am running an ASUS z87 pro, I haven't tried this yet.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Nope. I did try it and it gave me a fatal error (unhandled error in the Asus application). I then tried to uninstall it, but that didn't remove all files and services. As this was just after installing Win7 and after installing hardware drivers, I reinstalled Win7 to ensure that I really got rid of the Asus AI applications.

I also prefer to OC with BIOS since I get full control and won't risk anything due to any bugs in the Asus AI applications. Setting up BIOS is the easy part. The tough part is to run lengthy stress testings with AIDA64 and OCCT to ensure that the clock is stable.

Nope. I did try it and it gave me a fatal error (unhandled error in the Asus application). I then tried to uninstall it, but that didn't remove all files and services. As this was just after installing Win7 and after installing hardware drivers, I reinstalled Win7 to ensure that I really got rid of the Asus AI applications.

I also prefer to OC with BIOS since I get full control and won't risk anything due to any bugs in the Asus AI applications. Setting up BIOS is the easy part. The tough part is to run lengthy stress testings with AIDA64 and OCCT to ensure that the clock is stable.

Just curious Ulf, what is your cpu cooler and what are your highest temps on fsx?  and voltage for overclock ?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

I use the Cooler Master Seidon 120 XL. Far from the best, but i would fit in case (silenced midi tower). I replaced the radiator fans with Noctua fans.

I get just below 60C when flying over VanCouver+ in heavy thunder storm in FSX. During stress testing with OCCT Linpack (64Bits and AVX) the CPU temp was just above 80C, but that was with high ambient temps.

My chip is a crappy one. Had problems with temps at 4.1Ghz. De-lidded and the temps went down with about 20-25C. Need high voltages to get it stable att 4.5GHz with NB (UNCORE) at 4.4GHz.

CPU CORE VOLTAGE: MANUAL MODE

CPU CORE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE: 1.420

CPU CACHE VOLTAGE: MANUAL MODE

CPU CACHE VOLTAGE OVERRIDE: 1.32

CPU SYSTEM AGENT OFFSET MODE SIGN: +

CPU SYSTEM AGENT VOLTAGE OFFSET: 0.300

CPU ANALOG I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET SIGN: +

CPU ANALOG I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET: 0.100

CPU DIGITAL I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET SIGN: +

CPU DIGITAL I/O VOLTAGE OFFSET: 0.150

CPU INPUT VOLTAGE: 1.84

Under load these settings gives me a VCORE at 1.44V and VCCSA at 1.192V. Pretty high.