Sign in to follow this  
Sean Herron

Ground Connections Not Disconnecting

Hey all,

I just ran in to a strange bug. I loaded the 777 at ZBAA, shut it down, then started powering things back on (I've stopped using the Cold & Dark panel state due to the issues with the Caution master light, etc). I connected ground power and some ground units, then disconnected everything (by removing chocks) before pushing back. Upon takeoff, I switch to an external view and notice something strange ... I still have chocks on and some ground units attached!

Here's a screenshot shortly after takeoff, as well as a screenshot of my FMC ground connections:

n3amJ2Y.jpg

IXxQNuc.png

Would love to figure out what happened....

Thanks,

Sean Herron

Also noticed that, on this particular flight, any external lights other than landing lights, wing lights, and taxi light are not working....

I'm having the same exact issue.  I set startup panel state to Short.  I didn't have this problem in an earlier flight so not exactly sure what is going on.

Also noticed that when I activate the checklist, my VAS usage increased by 400MB?!  I was hoping I would see something in the checklist that maybe I forgot to do, but nothing everything looked good.

Are you running in DX10 mode?

Did you guys load one livery of the LR, and then load another livery?

If so, it will cause this issue.

If you need to switch liveries, change to the default Cessna (or any other aircraft other than the LR, even the F will work), and then change back to the livery you want.

This is an FSX bug that they never fixed.

Kyle Rodgers

This is an FSX bug that they never fixed.

I read about this bug in the PMDG Intro PDF, however I don't think this is the problem ... as I understand it, with the FSX bug you have to have one of the PMDG aircraft as your default startup flight to cause this problem?  I don't have that situation, I keep my default start flight with the CRJ700 at a location that is US based but with NO add-ons in that area (no 3rd party airports, no 3rd party scenery to ensure nothing is pre-loaded).  Then I switch to the PMDG Boeing livery and change my location.

Unless I understood the problem incorrectly?

Unless I understood the problem incorrectly?

They're the same issue.

Basically, what ends up happening is that the sim loads your default aircraft into the sim (which is actually running in the background) when it presents you the Create a Flight screen.  When you then click Fly Now without having changed the default aircraft, it loads the 777 on top of itself, which gives you this graphic issue.

Same thing happens when you load the 777, and then try to only change liveries.  You're loading the 777 on top of itself, again, causing the graphic anomalies.

In order to avoid these issues, you utilize one of the Microsoft Aircraft (the ones that came with the sim) as your default aircraft for the default flight.  This solves the first issue I mentioned.  The other issue is avoided simply by loading a different aircraft in between loading various 777 liveries.

Kyle Rodgers

In order to avoid these issues, you utilize one of the Microsoft Aircraft (the ones that came with the sim) as your default aircraft for the default flight. This solves the first issue I mentioned.

Yes, this I'm currently doing.

The other issue is avoided simply by loading a different aircraft in between loading various 777 liveries.

This I was not doing, I'll will be sure to try it.  Thank you!

I had similar problem but little worse. After pushback and I set parking brakes ground unit and chocks was there but no indication in FMC. I tried to activate and deactivate it but didn't help. But different from this thread I was unable to taxi or move no matter thrust. Only reboot of FSX helps.

They're the same issue.

Basically, what ends up happening is that the sim loads your default aircraft into the sim (which is actually running in the background) when it presents you the Create a Flight screen.  When you then click Fly Now without having changed the default aircraft, it loads the 777 on top of itself, which gives you this graphic issue.

Same thing happens when you load the 777, and then try to only change liveries.  You're loading the 777 on top of itself, again, causing the graphic anomalies.

In order to avoid these issues, you utilize one of the Microsoft Aircraft (the ones that came with the sim) as your default aircraft for the default flight.  This solves the first issue I mentioned.  The other issue is avoided simply by loading a different aircraft in between loading various 777 liveries.

Kyle,

I went back and deleted all of my panel states and loaded up the aircraft and everything was back to normal! It has something to do with saving panel states. I used one that I had made and got the power supply not disconnecting.

Just try the following:

Start with the default FSX Cessna 172 and save it as a standard flight.
Start FSX new.
After the restart, go to your airport or upload your route.
After this / these is loaded select your PMDG 777

That it should have been,
Have a good flight.