Sign in to follow this  
737Candy

Big soundfiles

Good evening everyone!

I were just wondering if any of you on this forum, knows what I should do with the big soundfiles in the 777? It seems like I dont have a super soundcard and this is a problem for me. I have been experiencing that my computer "freeze" for half a second, for loading the sounds on touchdown. (I only experience this on touchdown with the rear landing gears". So what should I do about this? Any tips? I have been searching around and it seems like some of the sounds are recorded longer than necessary? (30 seconds) And I were wondering if it was possible to make these files any smaller? :huh:

Best regards Stian.

Count me in on this one. I am experiencing this on touchdown, and during pushback and taxi.

When I am starting my T7 with the sounds disabled (Renamed the 777X sound folder) I am not getting the 

freezing. I do not have a super soundcard. Just the one that is included in my MOBO.

I have an ongoing ticket with Tabs on this, and I wrote the same to him.

They are monitoring the problem. Hopefully it will be solved in an upcoming hotfix. 

Cheers,

Ben

Benjamin Hennes

Ryzen 7 7800X3D|2080Ti 11GB|32GB DDR5 RAM|1TB SSD|Windows 11 Home

Count me in on this one. I am experiencing this on touchdown, and during pushback and taxi.

When I am starting my T7 with the sounds disabled (Renamed the 777X sound folder) I am not getting the 

freezing. I do not have a super soundcard. Just the one that is included in my MOBO.

I have an ongoing ticket with Tabs on this, and I wrote the same to him.

They are monitoring the problem. Hopefully it will be solved in an upcoming hotfix. 

Cheers,

Ben

Thanks for replying!

But is there a temporary fix which we can do by ourself? I would not suspect that the hot fix is weeks or days away :huh:

i taked out (cut) file PMDG777_GRND and.. didnt noticed any lags since.. worth a try
and you wont notice the change

i taked out (cut) file PMDG777_GRND and.. didnt noticed any lags since.. worth a try

Thanks for your sugestion Epic ^_^

I`ll give it a shot :lol:

UMM, this file doesnt exist? Would you mind being a little more accurate? :P

I always notice a small lag when panning around in the external view during engine start. I guess I'm not the only one there, also noticed this in a video from some guy on youtube.

Epic, can you tell me were this file is located, it doesnt show up on the search screen. Would be smart to know where the file`s right place is before taking it away :wink:

No luck there im afraid :Worried:

Any other suggestions?

well then problem must be elsewhere, because this file is the only one which is actualy BIG (4MB) and start playing on touchdown.. other touchdown sounds are small (40kb)

Gents,

I think it is very unwise to go around randomly deleting sound files because your hunch is that big sound files are the reason for your freezes.

The main advice I have is to make sure your hard drive is fully defragmented - to make sure files can be accessed as quick as possible.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I always notice a small lag when panning around in the external view during engine start. I guess I'm not the only one there, also noticed this in a video from some guy on youtube.

I have same issue !!!!

So I am thinking abut buy new sound card..

2004192_1.jpg

I doubt these issues are related to sound cards - getting a new soundcard will probably not solve your issue.

It is more to do with your PC capabilities and how fragmented your hard drive is - did you check your hard drive fragmentation?

Or another reason for example, if you're watching a video streaming from the same hard drive while you are running the 777 then you will get issues like this.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer