Sign in to follow this  
737Candy

Big soundfiles

Found the video (It's the one from froogle lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-K0rt5Shcg

At 21:12 you can hear some kind of "sound lag", but that's not the real issue, for me at this point the sim freezes for like half a second. Don't know if freezing also happened in the video though because it's a very short happening.
I am getting a steady 30fps most of the time with this aircraft and my harddrive is very well cleaned up und defragmented so performance should be ok.

I'm very satisfied with this addon and I'm not nitpicking so please don't shoot me :P it's just a small thing I noticed.

It is more to do with your PC capabilities and how fragmented your hard drive is - did you check your hard drive fragmentation?

I don't think so

See my movie. starting both engine and I had both sound lag.

If fraged HDD is the reason, the "sound lag" must not be there when the second engine starts becuase the sound file was loaded to PC or sound card memory already when the first lag appreared.

So I think is about some sound issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANvu3eb_-c&feature=youtu.be

Sorry volum is small.. anyway, sound lag T.T

I doubt these issues are related to sound cards - getting a new soundcard will probably not solve your issue.

It is more to do with your PC capabilities and how fragmented your hard drive is - did you check your hard drive fragmentation?

Or another reason for example, if you're watching a video streaming from the same hard drive while you are running the 777 then you will get issues like this.

Thanks for your reply!

My Pc is more than good enough for the task of flying this plane. I had no issues with the 737, so why should my computer not handle a more modern designed FSX aircraft?

I am really confused at this point, It seems like the soundfiles is not the problem? Then what is?

I doubt these issues are related to sound cards - getting a new soundcard will probably not solve your issue.

Or another reason for example, if you're watching a video streaming from the same hard drive while you are running the 777 then you will get issues like this.

Even some of the beta testers has the same bug as me: 

Check out 4:41

I can now comfirm that IT IS NOT the soundfiles fault for our "lag". I have now been doing up to 5 landing in both of Flytampas Dubai and UK2000 manchester and my conclution is that all this depends on the FPS. In dubai I got this type of lag in every single landing, but when I tested it in Manchester non of this was noticeable. But I would still love to land in Dubai without this lag though....

i got this lag yesterday on non scenery airport with FPS 40+ not a FPS issue for sure. modified a bit sound.xml file (removed line with the big sound files [i tough that maybe it still trying to load them even when they are not there]) and didnt have that lag since.. but it occurs more on after long hauls, than short flights..

and i am also noticing that the plane sometimes jumping while iam standing on gate (default scenery airport).. not sure if this has something to do with sounds.. problably not.. 

i got this lag yesterday on non scenery airport with FPS 40+ not a FPS issue for sure. modified a bit sound.xml file (removed line with the big sound files [i tough that maybe it still trying to load them even when they are not there]) and didnt have that lag since.. but it occurs more on after long hauls, than short flights..

and i am also noticing that the plane sometimes jumping while iam standing on gate (default scenery airport).. not sure if this has something to do with sounds.. problably not.. 

Then I have no idea what this might be? It also appears that this "lag" also exist (in my case) in the 747, but not in the 737? So there must be a connection between their size or something? I dont know for sure  :huh: