Sign in to follow this  
Brent

A2A Piper and DX10 gauge anomaly

Hi folks

I flew my A2A piper today and noticed that the magnetic compass and oil temperature gauges were blank (black) when using the latest freeware DX10 shaders.  I'm pretty sure that it worked fine with the previous shader version (v3.2.1).  

I'm running the latest (v3.2.2) from December 2012 (I can't believe its been that long!) and Ive got black gauges.

Can anyone with the A2A Piper confirm my anomaly or offer any guidance to overcome the problem (short of going back to the original version :rolleyes: )

Thanks

Brent

I've seen just one instance of this, Brent, posted several months back, but none other than that one single post.

There's precious difference between 3.2.2.and 3.2.1, Brent - in fact I prefer 3.2.1, as it does a couple of things that 3.2.2 doesn't do....

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul

Thanks for commenting but rats, going to 3.2.1 didn't work - maybe it never worked with this aircraft!  Oh well, the DX10 shaders work with everything else I fly with so I'll just live with it.

Try a reinstall of the Cub, Brent - maybe just the hotfix and/or the patch. Even AccuSim can be a pain.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul

I tried uninstall/re-installing the Cub but no luck (they do show in DX9).  If you have the Cub are you seeing the oil gauge and compass?

Thanks

Brent

Yes - Here's what it looks like using the Fixer, but I'm pretty sure it also looked like this using the patch, too, but I can't give you a number. In any event - the Fixer is almost released, so just have a bit more patience..

Here's what my source folders look like.

Thanks Paul

I guess I'll wait for 'The Fixer' to be released and hope that cures it!

Cheers

Brent

Thanks Paul

I guess I'll wait for 'The Fixer' to be released and hope that cures it!

Cheers

Brent

OK... here is the FIX!!!!

1. Get a copy of the 3.1.1 DX10 shader fix.  I've found that all 3.2.x versions bork the A2A Cub

2.  Find this folder in your FSX install: ShadersHLSL\General

3.  Create a backup folder in this folder

4.  Move these files from "General" to the backup folder:

General10.fx

PatchGeneral10.txt

PatchGeneral10Part0.txt

PatchGeneral10Part1.txt

PatchGeneral10Part2.txt

PatchGeneral10Part3.txt

PatchGeneral10Part4.txt

PatchGeneral10Part5.txt

PatchGeneral10Part6.txt

PatchOptions.txt

5. Install the 3.1.1 shader fix as directed by its instructions

6. Run FSX and enjoy your restored Cub's VC!

The problem has NOTHING to do with the A2A Cub install. I too spent hours trying to solve this problem and came up with the above. Basically the these instructions uninstalls the most recent DX10 shader fix install and replaces it with an A2A Cub friendly version.  BTW, Steve (theDX10Man) does (or at least did) know about this problem.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

If the "Fixer" puts DX10 shadows in such greats as the A2A Cub (as shown), their WoP3 birds and hopefully the RearAir Legacy I got a my cash in hand for it the minute it's released.  I realize that my above "fix" is a bit of a step backwards, but IMO I'd rather have the A2A Cub look normal for the time being.  Gotta have DX10, there is no going back for me.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

You have a good catch there, Rod - made Brent a happy feller, I should think!

The Cub is not always tested, and I guess when I did use it - I was already testing the retail version, which certainly fixes the gauge, plus adding some very nice shadowing - and bloom, too if you wish!

Yes, thank you Rod!  How you ever tracked those files down to be the problem is impressive! :yahoo:

Thanks for everyone's help!  Looking forward to the 'Fixer' :good: