Sign in to follow this  
Kimber

Exporting flight plan weather to PMDG fmc

Hi

I am trying to find out how to export the flight plan weather (winds aloft) to the PMDG 777 FMC - can anyone help me out?

Kimberly.

All is explaned in the introduction manual of the PMDG 777. Copy the neccesary data into notepad and make sure the file has .wx extension, not the .wx.txt and put it into the PMDG/WX folder. Not hard, really :)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Kimberly,

I have an outstanding question on PMDG Forum as to whether the winds aloft, shown in the PFPX OFP, are correctly tab-delineated. At present I am unable to load the PFPX winds forecasts, via Notepad, to the 777 FMC.

It does, though, appear that the same process using the data from AS2012 works, although I am querying whether we should use actual winds for the forecasted winds.

HTH, Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

It does, though, appear that the same process using the data from AS2012 works, although I am querying whether we should use actual winds for the forecasted winds.

]I believe you would only have real winds available once the airplane is airborne and by then they are really useless for determing fuel burn, reserve, how much fuel to load,  ETA, etc. On the ground the only thing you can work with are forecasted winds and hope that they are reasonably close to what you will encounter once airborne.

Michael Cubine

Michael,

I would argue very strongly for PFPX to give me forecast winds and AS2012 (in my case) giving actual winds.

This is why it is so important that we can believe in the accuracy of the winds data sources. Then I can look forward to monitoring my actuals to my planned data and maybe even have to divert because of stronger than forecasted headwinds.

Now that would be as real as it gets!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Over in the HiFi Forum, Damien has already said they're working on the automatic transfer of winds aloft data to the 777 FMC. His post was:

"We have already implemented the automatic export of our data and initial tests look good. We have a few more things to wrap up and then will be releasing a beta update for AS2012 including this enhancement very soon. Thanks!"

Let's give him a chance to wrap up his testing to ensure a proper product. I'm sure we can count on him to get it perfect when done.

That is VERY good news from HiFi!

Cheers, Richard

yes you need to tick the auto flight plan in asn option

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg