Sign in to follow this  
ACA034137

To the dev team: what feature of your T7 are you most proud of?

Hi Gents,

First of all, congratulations on another bar-raising release!  I'm sure every other developer wishes they could have the talent on their teams that you so evidently do! 

I can remember reading an interview (or was it seeing a video interview?) of Capt. Randazzo speaking about how, in the NGX, if you've never used the new HUD, you're missing out.  He made of point of saying how proud he is of that feature.  It seems it took a lot of hard, and innovative work to get it to function as it does in the real aircraft.   I was wondering if there is one specific feature of your T7 that you would compare to the HUD in that respect?

Im not in the dev team but these are worth mentioning.

The speed trim, this is simulated accurately. This has got to be the first in FS.

Then, the non normal checklist.

Every little things built in it makes the damn thing feels real. For e.g the mouse cursor on the checklist. When using capt side Cursor Control Device, the cursor is different than when using FO CCD. The 'Cabin Ready' alert. The whole package is just awesome!

There's a bunch of things (these are just my personal favorites/observations):

- The fly-by-wire logic.

- The realistic autopilot control (how it gradually banks and pitches and "lags" a bit behind the FD commands and doesn't feel like it's "on rails.")

- The ECL system

- The awesome night lighting

- Bunch of stuff on the external model like the gear animation, the logic and animation for all the control surface motions etc.

- Operations Center - I helped design it and think it's awesome  :P

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Im not in the dev team but these are worth mentioning.

The speed trim, this is simulated accurately. This has got to be the first in FS.

Then, the non normal checklist.

Every little things built in it makes the damn thing feels real. For e.g the mouse cursor on the checklist. When using capt side Cursor Control Device, the cursor is different than when using FO CCD. The 'Cabin Ready' alert. The whole package is just awesome!

Khaled, this is the second of your posts that I have read tonight, and even though this topic is devoted to the development team, I think that hearing from actual 777 pilots like you about your impressions and comments about accuracy in the PMDG 777 makes it even more of a thrill to use. In my view, it adds even more respectability to this amazing product, and is a far greater compliment to the developers than, certainly what I could give them.

The most obvious is the ECL.

It auto selects the next checklists, auto display of relevant non-normal, cursor jumping to the line item, switching of CAPT/FO cursors, intuitive usage of your own mouse pointer, accurate display font, etc. The whole system is just so complete.

...I hope they will say they are most proud of the taxi camera on the -300(ER) :ph34r:

...in the near future (what ever that could mean) i hope they will do it for the shared cockpit functionality, a big step forward for PMDG, a huge challenge for the customers (used to fly as PFNF for decades) :ph34r:

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

One thing I just superLOVE is the Flaps logic.

First. They dont deploy the second you press the buttons. First the handle moves. Then the hydralics start moving the flaps.

And the flapsound is AWSOME!!!!!!!

And then everything else. 

So sad FSX memoryhandling and FPS sucks. =/