Sign in to follow this  
arunptl99

Jetways

Whist at the gate I press control J to have a gate come to the PMDG 777 however the gate only comes a few meters from the entry 2 door, it comes nowhere near the door. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,

Arun

i tested this and jetways worked normally. Does it happen on every airport, default/addon?

Mikael Leinonen

Buy AES for jetways and then buy GSX for ground services, I combine them both - - (GSX Everything but JetWay) (AES Jetways only) it works like a charm!

I haven't had a problems with default or AES supported airports, so its hard to say whats causing your problem :(

AES adds jetway operation and ground handling trucks on selected airports, i think GSX works with all of them?

Mikael Leinonen

I own GSX and it works perfectly fine with pmdg 777 , with its air stairs and catering vehicles ect but at a gate I am forced to use a jetway

Gsx works with all of them

i think GSX works with all of them?

Ground handling all, jetways some (but unlike AES, does not need the AES to be made compatibile with airport - just that the airportmakers make movable jetways by SDK)

Just out of interest, does AES make the jetways at add-on airports work? Because currently I don't know any airport where pressing CTRL + J makes the jetway connect. It only works at default airports.

Whether jetways work is dependant of the addon airport within AES support.

Mikael Leinonen

AES you don't need to press Ctrl+J it automatically moves the jetway to the plane once the plane is chocked/Parking break and engines off. But only at the airports that you have purchased tokens for to be AES enabled.

GSX doesn't control jetways automatically - so if at a non AES airport(or you don't own it) then you need to do CTRL+J however if you have edited the airport in GSX for a stand with no Jetway, then selecting deboarding/Boarding it will automatically move airstairs to the plane.

GSX and AES together is quite good - I say quite as in some areas they are competing to do the same thing, so you have to tweak a bit to get the result you want, and edit the airport scenery files sometimes so you don't end up with multiple marshallers. or airstairs where there is a jetbridge. Shame the two developers cant get together and sort this out, along with combing with PMDG ground ops so it all works in harmony. But unlikely that AES & GSX will as AES will do what GSX does - the reason GSX is better is you don't need to spend a fortune or wait for AES to enable each airport. If GSX could manage airbridges also then AES would be dead.