Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

PMDG 777 Expansion

The PMDG 777 is amazing for me, and now im windering, when will the expansion pack be released and what will it contain? I personally hope it will contain the 777-200ER and the 777-300ER.

Nick Hesler

Hi No Name !!

Firstly I suggest you check forum and sign your post with your real name as it states !!!!!

Secondly I believe it will be the 777-300ER and I think 200 series but not sure.

Cheers

Jason

Jason Thompson

-300ER NOW! -200ER TOMORROW! 747v2 ON THURSDAY! DC6 ON THE WEEKEND! 787 NEXT WEEK!

yea, not happening. PMDG aren't capable of time travel, these things take time.

They are more popular for simming because they are vastly more popular in real life. There are 4 or 5 times the number of 200's and 300's. Only a handful of airlines operate the LR; cargo, air canada, delta, emirates.... The 300ER is longer and has the efb, taxi camera.

They are more popular for simming because they are vastly more popular in real life. There are 4 or 5 times the number of 200's and 300's. Only a handful of airlines operate the LR; cargo, air canada, delta, emirates.... The 300ER is longer and has the efb, taxi camera.

I may be wrong here but the VC would be almost identical across variants of the T7 so you can pretend it is something it is not. At the end of the day you are pretending you are a pilot so pretend the rest.

The business model was/is - release the aircraft with lowest appeal as the base then work on and release the more popular variants which people will buy.

Good business sense in my book and I will buy the 777-300ER for what it is worth.

I wonder will these follow-on versions be for sale or free addons for existing customers?

spacer.png

•  

I may be wrong here but the VC would be almost identical across variants of the T7 so you can pretend it is something it is not. At the end of the day you are pretending you are a pilot so pretend the rest.

Well there are three different engine variants on the 200ER which will no doubt have a noticeable affect on the aircraft performance.  I am very much looking forward to the 200ER because the Rolls Royce variant of it is my favorite 777. 

Mitchell Haughee

I wonder will these follow-on versions be for sale or free addons for existing customers?

Pay for sure. $30 ish I'd say.

I am only speculating, but I imagine the 300/ER will come out on it's own with the 200/ER to follow some time after. I don't claim to be an expert, but the 300/ER no doubt shares a bit in common with the LR, where as the 200's are quite a bit different from what I understand.

I hope they do all 3 versions of the 200, because I love the RR too. Either way, I'm really looking forward to the 300/ER.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Why the 200ER and 300ER are so much wanted? What's the difference between them and the 200LR?

The 300ER is pretty much a stretched, higher weight 200LR, it is the most common 777 variant ( IIRC it recently outsold the 200er)

The 200er is the second most common 777 variant. It has 3 engine options, but lacks the 'frilly' touches of the LR/W, such as raked wingtips, or massive GE engines

+10

LOL :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter