Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

No addon manager? KPHX FlightBeam

So I just spent $35 on this... And theres no way for me to register the darn product.

Why do I have no addon manager in my top bar menu?

I just did a completely fresh install of fsx, and still no addon manager. I uninstalled absolutely EVERYTHING fsx related.

I've heard nothing but good things about FlightBeam and so I 'm just bummed that my copy is no good...
I'm probably going to go for the refund, I didn't expect it to be so difficult to get this working.
I wish they had a better method of registration, kind of rediculous that I have to register it inside of FSX.. I dont get it.

I had the addon manager a while back when I tried the demo.. But i deleted it with the demo. And now I have  the demo back, but with no addon manager. 

How exactly do I fix my dll.xml file?

You may backup your current dll.xml. Then delete the active one, leading to no dll.xml at all. If you then reinstall the airport or install the stand-alone add-on manager from the FSDT page, it will generate a new and valid file.

When you've reached that state and the add-on manager is running, you can add the entries for other add-ons one by one from your backup. Mind you that one of those entries might have caused a corruption.

Another way would be to post your current dll.xml so that others can check the syntax. But since the FSDT usually are clever, their way if generating a valid file might be more promising.

An additional source for errors would be the 'trust' question from FSX when running a module for the first time. If you accidentally clicked no, this answer would be saved and the module would never be allowed ti run. To solve this, check the TRUSTED section of your fsx.cfg and deleted the corresponding lines. This forces FSX to ask again. Click yes. B-)

/ sent from a mobile thingy /

Yeah I have tried deleting my dll.xml and reinstalled both KPHX, and the FSDT addon manager alone. 
When I open fsx I don't even get a popup to ask me if I want to run the addon manager module or anything like that.

I guess I could try posting that here and see if you guys can find anything, but I've pretty much given up at this point on trying to figure it out myself. Its tough work. I'm still waiting for an email back from them, starting to look like a refund..

Yeah I got it working by deleting my Antivirus, I got your email Mir!
KPHX is incredible. It looks perfect.
Thanks a lot!

I just hope when I install my Antivirus again, that it doesn't interfere with anything.

(Gunna take SO MANY screen shots of this airport lol. I've wanted it for an entire year!)

>.< I blew it. Installed GSX free version, and now I have no more KPHX Sky Harbor....
What is going on :'(   I finally had it working after 24 hours and 40 installs/Unistalls... 

ah crap. I need help.

<Frustrated out of my mind> :O
How on earth did installing GSX make my registered KPHX stop working?
dude... plz help me. I went from super happy too very very very sad in a matter of minutes..

How on earth did installing GSX make my registered KPHX stop working?

dude... plz help me. I went from super happy too very very very sad in a matter of minutes..

It doesn't do that. It would strange if it *really* did that considering that:

1) I wrote the KPHX installer for Flightbeam, and it works exactly like an FSDT installer

2) GSX, even the free version,  is DESIGNED to work in full with KPHX

3) BOTH installers download the Addon Manager/Couatl files from the same place, which is the FSDT server.

What's really likely happened, instead, is that your antivirus is STILL interfering, because you haven't correctly configured it.

When the antivirus is bugged, and mistakenly detect the Addon manager/Couatl files as a threat, the correct procedure is:

- DOWNLOAD and INSTALL with the antivirus turned OFF ENTIRELY

- BEFORE trying to launch FSX, configure it to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll

YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Only AFTER you do this, you can turn the antivirus back up.

When in doubt, always install GSX as the LAST thing.

When inside FSX, be sure you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu.

Real and suggested solution: switch to an antivirus that is not bugged and doesn't mistakenly identify a perfectly working and legit program as a threat, just because is updated so often that it will never reach enough "reputation" (if the WS.Reputation from Norton is the issue you are getting, which is the most common case) to be considered safe.

A lightweight antivirus that doesn't take over your system and doesn't mistakenly detect any of our products as threats and doesn't require any configuration to run them, is the FREE and always updated Security Essentials from Microsoft. Highly recommended.

No need to spend any money on bugged antivirus. Not an FSDT-specific issue, of course. If you look in the PMDG forum, some antivirus as so bugged they even detect the PMDG *updater* as a threat! And the Flight1 ecommerce .DLL is often blocked too, the biggest offenders being Norton and McAfee.

Alright, I installed Security Essentials by microsoft,
Completely turned it off (Real Time Proection switched off), then I installed KPHX. 
I then Went to Excluded files and Locations, I browsed to both of the files you said to and created exceptions for both files.
I flipped the antivirus switch back ON, now I opened FSX. (did not get a message popup durring load up of FSX). 

Still don't have an addon manager, in fact the only thing I have under my addons menu is FSUIPC.
I hope we can figure this out. In the morning I will go at it again, maybe another fresh install of fsx. 
I seriously think my fsx is broke. I have installed/uninstalled KPHX about 20 times in the last 24 hours no doubt about that.

I mean it looks as if the airport UN-registered itself?

Thank you everyone who helped. My issue is solved.
Offline installation is the ONLY way that I could get it working.
Its working flawlessly. 

It makes absolutely no sense to me, but hey it works. Now if anyone else ever has this issue, have them try disconnecting from the internet.

Now if I want to use GSX, Im assuming I should install that offline as well?

Edited by Jerad

All that and it was the fault of the virus software. I believe it even says in the manual and in the Flightbeam forum to disable the virus scanner prior to installing.

Glad you got it working. Most of the time these Addon Manager and Couatl problems are due to user error and their security software in the install routine. Unfortunately FSDT gets unfairly blaimed that their software is bugged, when its not a problem with the software at all.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator