Sign in to follow this  
TOGA-saurus

New Error, And Some Questions

In all my years of simming, I have never gotten the "your computer has run out of available memory..." warning, now, I get one each flight that's longer than an hour! Would it have something to do with replacing the UIAutomationCore.dll with the one in the introduction manual? Which I thoroughly read.

Also, in the FMC, there's an option for "crew alertness monitor." Is this the thing that tells you to do something at random to make sure you're not sleeping?

One more thing. I remember in the original preview shots, RSR said something along the lines of being able to have the newer blue exhaust cones, or the well used grayer ones that have lost the coating. All those preview shots have the blue exhaust cones but I haven't seen a single livery, or FMC option for/with blue cones. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.

Thanks ;)

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

It happened again, just before reaching my TOD. FS froze, and a message with "ran out of available memory." I can't enjoy this plane when I can't finish one flight :(

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Would it have something to do with replacing the UIAutomationCore.dll with the one in the introduction manual?

No.  There's a section in there about reducing your memory footprint, though.

Also, in the FMC, there's an option for "crew alertness monitor." Is this the thing that tells you to do something at random to make sure you're not sleeping?

Yes and no.  Yes, it's the thing that sets off an alarm if you don't interact with the aircraft on the MCP or a few other things within a period of about 30 minutes, but certainly not at random  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

No.  There's a section in there about reducing your memory footprint, though.

I did everything just as described in the introduction. I have been using Process Explorer while FSX is running and the most it used at one point was 2.5 GB's, nowhere near the 4.3 or whatever GB's that FSX's max is. I have tweaked my FSX.cfg so much. 

I was doing a flight from KLAX to KIAD earlier, at cruising altitude I thought to myself "I will save my flight here just in case it crashes further into the flight." Low and behold, I click "save flight" and FSX crashes! Mega frustrating :blink:

There's absolutely nothing else I can think of to stop this from happening. Hopefully I have missed something, any ideas?

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

I feel you pain man. I've had a couple of those moments too. What I do now is disable all my airports and scenery and just leave the 2 that I'm using and monitor the VAS closely. So far no OOM error.

I've also gotten a couple of crashes which may may related to my graphics card. Its an OC XFX 7770. The fan is always at 80% and the card gets hot. I just replaced it with a non OC version which I had and so far its nice and quiet on the same settings.