Sign in to follow this  
CTBlankenship

PMDG ... you HAVE to fix this product!

After installing the T7 I'm experiencing the following problems:

1.  My car won't start

2.  My Mom is constipated

3.  My wife's phone won't connect to the wireless

4.  My copy of FSX still has to be configured for optimal performance

5.  and finally ... I'm going to get fired because I can't stop flying this plane

I'm tired of it!

Thank heavens this had the sense of humour in it when from the subject line, I was raising eyebrows. Nevertheless, a good laugh, but please don't get fired! Toasted, yes.

I have a small confession. The release of the 777 showed an intensified recurrence of a problem I had with temporary freezes in FSX with the PMDG 747 and 737 since I got my new computer. For months, I ignored those freezes because it would happen once during a flight, and that would be the end of that, inconvenient but not intolerable. The 777 would freeze once an hour for up to half an hour at a time. This, obviously, was intolerable, so I finally got round to looking seriously for a solution for those freezes, and I think I found it. My FAOR to OMDB flight in the 777 this evening went without a hitch, as did my EGPH to EGSS in the 737. So, in quite a direct way, through the 777, PMDG actually assisted in fixing my FSX problem.

A 30-minute freeze sounds like more than an inconvenience.  Would you care to share your solution with the rest of us?  

I almost got the "It's me or the flying" from the Mrs. today  :lol:

Solution: Start a long haul, put it on AP, spend hours with the family, land later.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

If you had been set the challenge - your wife would have been very very sad. She is fortunate she held back.

A 30-minute freeze sounds like more than an inconvenience.  Would you care to share your solution with the rest of us?  

Sure, let me start by saying that I run FSX on Windows 8 64 bit, so I don't know whether this would work in Windows 7 or Vista, but since these recommendations were all made with Windows 7 in mind, I imagine that they were tested with at least some success in Windows 7 and Vista. I am no expert though. 

I started off by setting UPPER_FRAME_LIMIT=30 in the FSX.cfg file and then added the following to the Graphics section:

SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=5

SHADER_PARTIAL_PRECISION=1

ALLOW_SHADER_20=1

ALLOW_SHADER_30=0

HIGHMEMFIX=1

STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

In the Graphics section, I reduced TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048, down from 4096.

The result, so far, appears to be that the freezes are completely absent, and the way I check that is by comparing the time on the plane's clock to my iPod time, if those correspond, then FSX didn't freeze, and, for some bizarre reason, the amount of fuel remaining. Whenever I had one of these freezes, the most curious aspect of it was that the plane kept on burning fuel as if it was actually flying. Nothing else moved, only the fuel.

Oh, and one more thing. You know how they always tell you to make a copy of your FSX.cfg file and store it in a different folder before you make alterations to the original? Well, when you do make those alterations, do make sure you make them to the original file, and not like some genius around here, to the copy in the different folder, and then end up wondering why nothing happened. Yes, being stupid is a burden ... you have my permission to laugh at me. I did :blush:

5. and finally ... I'm going to get fired because I can't stop flying this plane

When I explained to my girlfriend that the reason she didn't hear from me all weekend was because I was flying a virtual 777, she called me a retard and hung up.

What's up with that?

When I explained to my girlfriend that the reason she didn't hear from me all weekend was because I was flying a virtual 777, she called me a retard and hung up.

What's up with that?

Find another girlfriend? I don't know. My best friends may not know much, if anything, about flying, but they certainly respect what I do. Yes, the majority of my best friends are female.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

1.  My car won't start

5.  and finally ... I'm going to get fired because I can't stop flying this plane

I'm tired of it!

I think these are #1 priority for sp1 :)

Solution: Start a long haul, put it on AP, spend hours with the family, land later.

+1

What's up with that?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1.  My car won't start

I'm tired of it!

Better call Saul ! :)

What's up with that?

Retard? Doesn't she even know that's an airbus thing? :-)

Jos

1.  My car won't start

I'm tired of it!

+1. I know what you mean. I simply enjoy this bird the more i fly it. After having fixed the throttle issues with FSUIPC it is just performing perfectly on my system. Surround sound is working also. I have to make my office sound proof to avoid having my wife coming telling me to turn down the sound, lol. Amazing job by PMDG.

777 and PFPX is the perfect package and a must have in my opinion.