Sign in to follow this  
NGXfanatic

Delta Airlines Cost Index

Sorry to have to ask this, as I know this can be a contentious subject as the info on the web tends to be stale, or it's seen as secret proprietary info, or it varies depending on if the flight if running on time.  I was just curious if any one happened to know what the standard cost indexes are for the major 777 operators?

I'm about to embark on a 13 hour trip in the 777 in the Delta livery from KATL to OMDB, and wanted to know what a realistic value would be.  I believe they use 15 CI on the 737NG, but I have no clue what is reasonable for a long hauler like the T7.   I think I'll just go with 100 for now.  But I welcome any suggestions, for Delta or any carriers that folks are interested in!

... or it varies depending on if the flight if running on time. 

It does indeed do that. Or for wind forecast, or for loading, etc etc.. lots of variables.

I'v been using 50 as a default unless I can get my hands on a real value. Unfortunatley the real airline employee types I know don't work for airlines with -200LR's.

Use 65. Total of above cost indexes is 445 divided by 7 equal 63.57.

29-35 depending on schedule needs, for domestic use. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Just use whatever you want. It's obvious that there isn't a consensus on the issue.

• Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

The Air Canada Hong Kong to Toronto 777-200LR video has a very, VERY detailed flight planning segment that not only goes over the cost index they use for that particular flight (and why) but also breaks down the individual costs of the flight itself from ATC fees to fuel to maintenance. I was surprised that AC let that kind of info into the film, but it is useful for flight planning purposes for simmers or people who just want to get a better understanding of the management of a flight.