Sign in to follow this  
Doogles

Nav Ident Audio

Hi Guys/Gals

How do I turn off the nav ident audio on this 737NGX? lol

Doogles

Doug

Ryzen7 5800X|ASUS X570 ROG Formula VIII|32GB GSkill Royal Z 3600 CL14|MSI GamingX 1080Ti |Samsung NVMe 960 EVO (Win10 Pro) |3x24"Asus/Surround@5760x1080|Saitek Pro Flight, Honeycomb|ASP3D, REX4, Aivlasoft EFB, FSC9, FSGlobal Ultimate NG|RM850x PSU|ThermaltakeWater 3.0 Ring 280mm|

Thanks FDX777, I guess that means you don't know how either  ? Lol

Doug

Ryzen7 5800X|ASUS X570 ROG Formula VIII|32GB GSkill Royal Z 3600 CL14|MSI GamingX 1080Ti |Samsung NVMe 960 EVO (Win10 Pro) |3x24"Asus/Surround@5760x1080|Saitek Pro Flight, Honeycomb|ASP3D, REX4, Aivlasoft EFB, FSC9, FSGlobal Ultimate NG|RM850x PSU|ThermaltakeWater 3.0 Ring 280mm|

Thanks FDX777, I guess that means you don't know how either  ? Lol

There's a radio audio panel below where you've tuned your radios.  On it, there are several circular knobs, and some of them are probably illuminated (brighter white than the rest).  The only one you need to have on is COMM 1.  You probably have NAV 1 turned on.  Click on it to turn it off (the light will extinguish when you have).

Kyle Rodgers

And again, like in one other topic, please keep in mind that NG has three radios. Two on the pedestal and one on the upper overhead. If NAV1 or NAV2 are depressed on any one of these, you will hear the morse identifier of the VOR/ILS tuned when in range.

Note: I'm not 100% sure if the overhead one has NAV speaker knobs, but it's worth checking.

If none of the above suggestions works, try CTRL+4, this toggle the NAV1 IDENT in my FSX on and off, when it's toggled on it is impossible to turn it off by normal means.

23.png

Hey Guys

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions, I have exhausted them all, all the nav buttons are out and off on all three radios, the CTRL+4 or nav1 ident are not assigned in FSX. I can turn it off and on with any other aircraft I have tried, just not this one. Maybe I will uninstall and reinstall this aircraft?

Doug

Doug

No, please don't do that. As it was said multiple times, it should be your last resort.

Can you send screenshots of all your radios when that happens, both PFDs, location in the world (legs page and ND screenshot), as well as what is the morse code you're hearing (listen to it carefully, count dots and dashes and report).

Ok, I have just discovered that it is the VRinsight software for my Mpanel that is overriding control of the cockpit nav audio. If I take Mpanel out of the equation the cockpit nav audio operates as advertised lol

Doug