Sign in to follow this  
Marder1986

YEAH i have found the Trick to use the Engine Compact Display!

Please share how, on the NG I always setup mine like you've shown.

No Problem

Turn the button ( under the ND the round Switch) from Left ND to EICAS than switch on Glareshield the synoptics to the Left Display and press ENG. than swtich back the Left ND/EICAS to normal mode and TADDAAA :)

My do bilge pidgin. Looksee pipe. Learn pidgin all pipe.

Valve. B'long same.

You sabby? This ain't the Chinese navy.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

My do bilge pidgin. Looksee pipe. Learn pidgin all pipe.
Valve. B'long same.
You sabby? This ain't the Chinese navy.

What he said. :-$

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

I wonder why Boeing made it so simple on the 737 but you have to use a trick on the 777.

Give the guys something to do on those long flights?  :lol:

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but Boeing didn't really design that secondary engine display to be something that pilots use all the time. (I probably should have mentioned this in the NGX Tutorial) It's a way to see those parameters if something goes wrong with the lower display. In normal operations those parameters only matter during a start or if you have a problem come up where you need to see them. The Boeing SOPs actually recommend turning off the lower display after start to reduce visual clutter in the cockpit.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I just like to have them shown, even though the automation of the plane would likely catch or see a problem, say oil pressure drop before I would notice it if it were to arise.  However I do turn off the lower display after checking something or running the ECL.

But many pilots use the compacted display to always have all parameters... Boeing does not recommend this on the 737NG because if you get an real problem with some parameters out of limit, you don´t have the lower DU auto pop up function any more... don´t know if the 777 displays work the same, no idea if this is modeled in the NGX or the 777... anyway.. not only in the Sim the compacted mode ist used..

But many pilots use the compacted display to always have all parameters... Boeing does not recommend this on the 737NG because if you get an real problem with some parameters out of limit, you don´t have the lower DU auto pop up function any more... don´t know if the 777 displays work the same, no idea if this is modeled in the NGX or the 777... anyway.. not only in the Sim the compacted mode ist used..

Yes if you watch some videos on YouTube that Luke recommended (Stan Humphries channel) Air Canada 77L/77W they seem to fly with the engine compact display on all the time

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but Boeing didn't really design that secondary engine display to be something that pilots use all the time. (I probably should have mentioned this in the NGX Tutorial) It's a way to see those parameters if something goes wrong with the lower display. In normal operations those parameters only matter during a start or if you have a problem come up where you need to see them. The Boeing SOPs actually recommend turning off the lower display after start to reduce visual clutter in the cockpit.

It might also depend on operator SOP's, the Aerologic guys had it on the whole flight for both legs. BTW as I'm typing this just discovered that my N2 indications for the left engine are missing (Freighter).

*EDIT* It only disappears momentarily if I use the 2d EICAS popup.

Hi,

I have a video of Air Canada 777 and they too have the secondary engine display up.

Personally I like it because you can check at a glace if everything is OK. The auto-alerts are good but they tell you rather late, and you might spot a problem sooner (e.g. by regular scanning you might see a slow oil leak sooner, or spot that fuel flow increased on one side signifying a possible fuel leak).

Best regards,

Robin.

No Problem

Turn the button ( under the ND the round Switch) from Left ND to EICAS than switch on Glareshield the synoptics to the Left Display and press ENG. than swtich back the Left ND/EICAS to normal mode and TADDAAA :)

Thanks a lot! I've been searching on how to turn the compact display on on the upper EICAS to no avail. I've even tried to switch the EEC to Hard Alternate Mode to see if this is how the 777 would show the compact mode, lol.

However, I'm quite comfortable with the cleaner upper EICAS display on the 772-ER, 77L and the 77W, More attractive one the ground than the 737NG :)