Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

Almost all of my lockups have happened between engaging TOGA and reaching Vref (typically at about 80 kts).  Does anyone else have failures at this point?

Never heard of that. I have had FSX become unresponsive only once so far and I had to close it.

Ither than that, the only thing I have sometimes is some of the sounds (like engines,etc) disappearing (I only hear a loud hissing noise like that of the Airco system then). It latst for only one or two seconds and I am not even sure if FSX freezes at that point or continues to fly.

Anyway, then everything recovers and all is fine.

This sometimes even happens three times during a flight.

Is that similar to the freezes you guys are talking about?

Rob Robson

Ignore my post above I was just lucky on that flight. Today I had another freeze for 9 minutes then fsx resumed  :(

100 posts and not 1 response from pmdg  :(

Talking about no response....I asked you before if you have MyTraffic 2013 installed!

You never replied either!

Rob Robson

Talking about no response....I asked you before if you have MyTraffic 2013 installed!

You never replied either!

Oops missed your post. No I don't have any traffic program installed. 

Kimo

My T7 freezes mid flight over the atlantic always around halfway.

It never resume i have to use the task manager to get out i havent been able to do a single flight from A to B just yet but its a lovely loocking bird i love it still.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Fixed my freezes. My overclock was unstable. Now no freezes during a 6 hour flight awesome.

So if you have a overclocked system check if its stable with prime95.

Had no problems with other aircraft but i think the 777 is more demanding on the system.

FSX is terrible software that acts as a far more comprehensive stress test than anything else. If all else fails, remove the over clock.

The freezes I experience are anywhere from 6 to 7 minutes long and FSX eventually resumes.  As time goes on the freezes come closer and closer together.  Each time the simulator resumes with around 2 - 3000 lbs of fuel is consumed.  I thought I cured it some time ago after I updated my realtek drivers, but they reappeared.  Definitely not a PMDG issue as Ryan has pointed out when this issue first popped up when the 777 was released.  In fact the freezing issues began back when Windows 7 came about.  There's an old thread about it somewhere on Avsim, I believe in the CTD sub-forum.  Doesn't seem to be much of a solution presented, but it gives you a starting point to at least start troubleshooting.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I have this same issues...

But i have this when i delete a waypoint using the FMC for example...  :blush:

I have been reporting to PMDG that I am having CTDs with 777. But they are actually freezes.  Hmmm... 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Freezing here too during all phases of flight. It is nearly impossible to follow correct SID and STARs, she makes very wide turns, does not follow magenta line.  ATC folks were very unhappy.  :(

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I get this freeze as well. I swear I didn't get it when the plane first came out. So I am not sure if I stumbled upon a setting that make this occur or not. It is definitely under investigation. This one is sporadic and not easily repeatable. Some flights are freeze free, others every 10 minutes. Once I triggered the freeze by opening the task manager to see what was happening with processor and memory. The only thing that's annoying is that once it unfreezes 10k lbs of fuel is gone. So I have to add fuel to make it sometimes. I rarely used the 3D VC before the 777 so I thought it may be that, went back to the NGX in VC, no freezes. Now I'm back to testing without traffic to see if that is the issue or the trigger. I don't think its anything to do with VAS , it will happen with only default scenery.

Also I can almost confirm that the freezes happen way less when I set Affinitymask in FSX config. I have an old Core2 Quad Q9550 processor @ 2.83GHZ

Eric Wallace

Yes, but I disable it (I think). I have excluded fsx directory and the process. I uncheck "real time protection".

Same.. Didn't get it when I first got the T7, now getting long freezes.. some for up to 20 min and FSX is totally unresponsive but can hear sound, then goes back to normal.  I heard autosave may be the culprit but I have not tried it yet.  May do tonight.