Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

Well for me overclock is not the issue, the freezes actually happen less if I run it a little faster.

Eric W

I had the freezes see some posts above but i seemed to fix that now.

I did a few tweaks from both Bojote and Nick.s guide i have done 6 12+ hour flights now and it didnt even flicker one bit no freeze no stutter no nothing just smooth flying.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

5 freezes for me tonight, I'm pig sick of this now, very very very very frustrating!!

Regards

Paul EGCC

I can confirm that I have had this freeze on another aircraft by another developer. Don't think its the T7 for me. It is a setting or something though. Mine freezing was gone until I decided to delete fsx.cfg to try tweaks. Then the freeze came back. The only annoying thing with the T7 is you will lose 10k lbs of fuel while its frozen and add fuel when the sim recovers. Never had it on the 737 though. Perhaps performance related? Head scratcher.

Eric W

for sure the problem is in t7, uninstalled and I have no more trouble with the flight MD11-747-737ngx the end of my headache!

I get multiple pauses on some flights which are fixed by unpausing , and also CTD's . I'm wondering if the texture size has anything to do with it since I seldom get CTD's with a PMDG default texture .It's a mystery.

Ron

Ron Service

Hi Guys

My first post here.

FSX freezing appears to have be going on for years, I think I have read nearly every post there is over the last month, none with any answer to stop the problem.  I think I may have an answer. I can stop the freezes on my pc now and I can make them happen again by a few simple key strokes, which for me appears to confirm the problem.

I have flown FSX for years without a single freeze until I recently upgraded to a nice new pc and of course all of the add on's that were not worth considering on my old Q6600 pc.

The first freeze up I ever experienced was within 15 minutes of taking off in my nice new shiny PMDG 777. I waited the appropriate 8-10 minutes and it carried on flying after 9 mins. I blamed the 777 and attempted to keep flying for around a week with this tweak and that, lost count how many times I have opened the fsx.CFG file!.

I have reinstalled windows and FSX so many times I'm almost at the limit of activations for ASN! and i've only had it for 12 days!.  On my last reinstall I didn't put the 777 back in the pc. Fired up ConcordeX for a nice jolly across the Atlantic...NOOO ...ConcordeX is now freezing on me exactly as the 777 did.

During the first month with the new pc I made numerous cross Atlantic crossings without any problem, ConcordeX was a dream, this was before I started tweaking the fsx.CFG file and installing Nvidea inspector etc. So I have been spending too much time looking at these tweaks thinking it was where the problem was or that some other programe, ASN UT2 etc caused the freezing problems.

I expect many of you know that some additions or variations from the standard fsx.CFG get changed back to default if you mess with the settings/display in flight. I have also just discovered that after a freeze with ConcordeX that sometimes the control/button-keys are also reset. I have reinstalled EZDOC twice more thinking it was at fault when all along the keys I deleted from fsx e.g. s, a, shift+s num, page up, page down etc used by EZDOC were back to the default state. This got me thinking that the only time I ever messed with the button/keys was when I first got EZDOC. The next time was when I got the 777. How could i set the takeoff trim in the 777?, I had deleted keys 1 and 7 for EZDOC use, so I assigned new keys for the trim. I also re-assigned keys, that were used to open and close views, to the autopilot heading bug which was easier to use with the ConcordeX as i was always pushing the heading bug trying to adjust with the mouse.

Anyway, a lot of waffle for a simple cure, at least for me, maybe you?. 

Open control settings from top window menu in fsx or the start screen and reset button/keys to default. Then delete your keys needed for EZDOC if you use it. Whatever you do, do not delete a default key action and use it to to control another action.

Over the last few days I have made 3 Atlantic crossings with ConcordeX without a single problem. I made 2 more attempts with key changes in control panel and froze. I have also just completed 2 long flights in the PMDG 777 without a problem. 

Worth a look guys? it works for me. But I guess if you have not reassigned any keys then this isn't your cure. I hope i'm not back in a few days saying I froze again! time will tell!! 

edit.. Off to watch Froogle on UTube now to recap on setting up the 777..Hes also nudged me to order X Plane 10 64bit .....I must have been in a state with this new pc!!.

Roy

That is very interesting info!

I do not get any freezes.

Once or twice per 3-4 hour flight it seems most sounds stop for a second or so and the 777 is just hissing (like all you hear are the airco fans).

Other then that, no crashes no CTDs and no freezes!

And guess what.....I have not replaced any default key action!

I have added some key combos and joystick button functions with OPUS but I have not deleted a default key action to replace it with another action!

Possible good find!

Rob Robson

Nope the default key reset didn't work for me. I tried so many fixes nothing seems to cure it. Always get 10 minute freezes. And the pmdg simulation continues because Iam missing  1000 kg fuel for every freeze. 

Yesterday did a flight from EHAM to OMDB with 7.000 kg reserves I had so many freezes that I had to do an inflight refuel to make it to my destination. 

Kimo

Nope the default key reset didn't work for me. I tried so many fixes nothing seems to cure it. Always get 10 minute freezes. And the pmdg simulation continues because Iam missing  1000 kg fuel for every freeze. 

Yesterday did a flight from EHAM to OMDB with 7.000 kg reserves I had so many freezes that I had to do an inflight refuel to make it to my destination.

That sounds horrible :-(

I have not gone back through this (long) thread to see your previous post, so forgive me for asking things that have been asked before.

But,

Are you running overclocked?

Do you have an FSX dedicated PC or could other software running in parallel be the cause?

Do you have a similar aircraft (a similar heavy load on your PC) that you can compare to?

Like the NGX, if you have that, does that cause the same problems?

Rob Robson

Are you running overclocked?

Do you have an FSX dedicated PC or could other software running in parallel be the cause?

Do you have a similar aircraft (a similar heavy load on your PC) that you can compare to?

Like the NGX, if you have that, does that cause the same problems?

Yes overclocked 2500k at 4.2 Ghz No problems with the NGX but the flight are much shorter.

Nothing running in the background only some web browsing.

Maybe its just a FSX problem I really don't know. Trying a fresh W7 install next week hoping this will fix it.

Kimo

Non stop for me now.  No issue with the 737.

I just did a flight from Melbourne to Doha, and every 35 minutes or so the whole sim stops, blue circle comes on for about 5-10 mins, and the time resets.. very frustrating.  I am also using Opus weather so wondering if something is going on here?

Yes overclocked 2500k at 4.2 Ghz No problems with the NGX but the flight are much shorter.

Nothing running in the background only some web browsing.

Maybe its just a FSX problem I really don't know. Trying a fresh W7 install next week hoping this will fix it.

You should try with default clock settings.

Just try it.

Also when you reinstall....Always allways allways install everything while not overclocked!

I run a dual boot system. (2xWin7)

The one fr FSX has nothing n it other then FSX!

I highly recommend such a setup.

(no long freezes or CTDs here but I only do 3-4 hour flight)

• Upvote 1

Rob Robson

Fixed!  :shok:

Reset everything in my bios and its perfectly stable now. My overclock was stable tested with prime95 but still FSX freeze.

Last time I lowered my overclock but a full reset to basic setting did the trick.

So anybody with freezes for 10 minutes check your overclock. Your overclock can be perfectly stable in tests and other games but FSX is the real test  :P

I'm off Flying  :p0502:

Kimo