Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

Hello everybody,

just to add my freezing experience, repeatedly 777 crashes after pushing TOGA button while on approach, I saw somebody above reporting the same issue. That is the only freeze I experience,also FSUIPC autosave is causing mu stutters during saving process, my PC is high end with SSDs only.

Rado

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs

Also wish to add my situation.

Only started happening after building a new PC a few weeks ago. Top of the range i7 4770k oc to 4.4. (don't say its the oc, my previous system didnt have this problem and it was oc only to 3.8 which was more of a stretch) GTX780 and SSDs running everything, z87 mother board and w7. My VAS is only ever 2.7.

I get the freeze only on the 777 (not NGX), about 2-3 hours into flight. Same situation as described, sound stays on, if I don't touch it, it sorts itself out and I drop about 3000kg of fuel (but not lose time), normally after 10-20 mins. Over a 5 hour flight, it will take me 6 sometimes. So obviously happening a few times enroute. If I quit FS, I get 'FS has stopped responding' and a general FSX.EXE error like the others.

I fly online with VATSIM using SB4. The freeze causes SB4 to disconnect as 'connection to flight simuator is lost'. FTX Global, REX4, ASN, FSUIPC and a very few addon airports. I create and import my flightplans via PFPX including winds. I have tried switching autosave off - didnt help. Updated drivers for both sound & graphics. Still does get the freezes.

PMDG- please help!

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

Also wish to add my situation.

Only started happening after building a new PC a few weeks ago. Top of the range i7 4770k oc to 4.4. (don't say its the oc, my previous system didnt have this problem and it was oc only to 3.8 which was more of a stretch) GTX780 and SSDs running everything, z87 mother board and w7. My VAS is only ever 2.7.

You should really test the 777 without a overclock and see what happens. Had the exact same symptoms and I fixed it with lowering my overclock.

Kimo

You should really test the 777 without a overclock and see what happens. Had the exact same symptoms and I fixed it with lowering my overclock.

Hi Kimo

Thanks for your suggestion but I do all my baseline FS testing with no OC (before I ever report an error). I did a 7hr test flight with no OC and got the same results.

I am curious however since it has been brought up a few times, how exactly would an OC be causing this problem? It's not causing a BSOD, not even crashing the program. The program itself is hanging for a period then keeps working. 

Cheers

• Upvote 1

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

ON My system, I apply the test with Simconnect.log (page 1 of this topic) and found two 'File not found...' with missing DLL. I edit the ddl.xml and delated those two DLL.

Now, FSX, GEX, OpusFSX, FSC, EZdock... and of course PMDG 777, no freeze any more, even in auto cruise.

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Like Kimmo, I have not be able to complete one flight without freeze since last month when I changed my configuration and then purchased PMDG777 and ASN... I read all these topics and I am going to try each of all suggestions as soon as possible.

I am surprised that some suggestions work with some people and not with some others... so I am not very optimistic with the tries I am going to do...

Since a few days, I don't read new topics... Everyone has solve their problems ?

I will let you know the issues of my test... hopping I can fly long haul again with all PMDG aircraft...

PS1 : in my memories, i think I replaced some control keys (open doors and cargo) for 747 (PMDG).

PS2 : in my memories, i also noticed that with default key 1, i was able to trim up the 777, but not trim down with default key 7... (?)

PS3 : with MD11, an immediate and systematically freeze occures when entering route flight in the CDU "XXXX/XXXX"...

Franck

I have tried switching autosave off - didnt help. Updated drivers for both sound & graphics. Still does get the freezes.

PMDG- please help!

That is all you tried?

And did you install your GPU drivers the recommended way (flush out old and CLEAN install new)?

So many suggestion have been made in this thread....we really need a sticky thread with all possible actions to take so we dont have to keep asking "have you done this, have you done that"!

Rob Robson

After resetting my overclock. I slowly started overclocking again and at 4.5 to 4.6 Ghz started getting freezes again. Even with a fresh install.

After getting to 4.6 I added affinity mask 14 to get the main fsx cpu load on core 1. Now its perfectly stable even did a 12 hr flight. without freezes.

So maybe affinity mask can help to fix some freezes. 

I know its difficult to find a fix in this thread there are so many suggestions.

Kimo

Yes my GPU drivers are always installed correctly, as per NickNs guide.

However, I can report success! There was a suggestion on the ASN forum to set your frames to unlimited. This fixed my problem. Strange thing is, I don't think it's ASN causing the freeze. I tried an 8 hour test with opusFSX and freezing still occurred. Went to frame rates unlimited & no more 777 freezes with either weather engine. It's hard to pinpoint the exact problem.

Have done 2 5 hour flights and 2 12 hour flights with no freezes.

Worked for me, might work for you? Just another random fix on this thread.

Still don't understand how this would stop the freezes, maybe someone can explain? And for what it's worth, looks like the freeze time is consistently about 8 minutes, according to other users.

-Peter Stantin

rb_banner_tech.png

Yes weird that its consistent 8 or 9 minutes. Fuel is used during that time and ingame time and position did not progress.

Good you found your fix Dean.

Kimo

Not only am I getting 8 minute freezes on the PMDG 777 but also on the PMDG 747,737NGX as well.

the turboprops JS41 and B1900 seem to be Ok.

freezes occur anywhere from 30 mins to 1 hour and may have more than 1 freeze  in a 2 hour flight.

I have installed new Realtek audio drivers and disabled other drivers to no avail.

Currently I am enroute from kaus to kabq in the B737-900 and are on my third freeze in less than 1 hour.

I don't have easy dock,but I do have AS2012 and Navagraph.

I did notice I had a problem installing Navagraph updates in December and January so I did the FSX repair and updates installed correctly.

I also did an FSX config delete without any effect to freezing problem.

I will continue to monitor the problem and report results

Skip Guidry

Having had the "freezes" together with FSX suddenly closing straight back to desktop, I changed the compatibility of the programme to run in Windows XP Service pack 3 (I am using Windows 8). This bought me the first stable non freeze flights in the PMDG 777. I also tried the unlimited frame rate suggestion as above and have so far had 2 non freezing flights. May be early days but I cannot remember not having a freeze and the last flight I did was KSEA to PHNL and lasted 5.5 hours.

Hopefully this is not just a flash in the pan but it is better than I have had for a long time.

Colin

Running FSX as administrator did the trick for me.

I also set frame rates to unlimited but I think running FSX as admin is the real fix.

Running FSX as administrator did the trick for me.

I also set frame rates to unlimited but I think running FSX as admin is the real fix.

If I may ask!

1)Do you have Win7?

2)Where is FSX installed on your PC?

In the programs folder?

3)And what UAC (User AccescControl) setting do you use?

Rob Robson