Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

Yes using active sky 2012 with clouds turned down also. One other thing is do not cycle through the views only use the menu to select each view.

I think we can rule out MY Traffic as the sole cause of the 777 freezing. Seems Custom and UT2 users are getting frozen flights also.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes using active sky 2012 with clouds turned down also. One other thing is do not cycle through the views only use the menu to select each view.

if you are over an ocean or other area where there are no towers.

Rob Robson

Just a feedback on the issue:

1. The issue is not happening with 777 only but all other products and not necessarily PMDG.
  2. I never experienced it with lower spects computer only higher spetcs or newer computers.
  3. Regarding the 777 although, the freeze occurs sometimes at climb, descent or taxiing, it is generally happening after 600-800NM of cruise phase or about 2 hours of starting the flight (time compressing could be increasing the probability).
  4. For me, when I fly distances 300 or 400 or less, I might not experience any freeze.
  5. It could be minutes or up to one hour then it will be repeated in short intervals makes completing the flight impossible (especially when fuel is consumed).
  6. It could be related to using FSX in windows mode with two screens and frequent switching between them.
  7. It could be related to certain areas such as flying eastward from KSFO or north east of Rio de janerio  or short flights heading to Berlin and flying from KATL  or KJFK to TNCM ( As if the problem related to certain route points perhaps).
  8. Reducing details or using lower resolution textures does not help.

I could not think of anything else for the moment ……However, I wanted to list my observations, it might help…still great plane to fly like no other J

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Just some info about these freezes.

The exact same thing happen to me with Euro Truck Sim 2 (latest version) a couple of weeks ago!!!

That scenery part was a little demanding, at night with many light sources and roads. Very close to Copenhagen.

A could feel the FPS went down, it was a little sluggish in the steering.

Screen froze but sound continued, horn worked, changing gears worked. I heard the engine change rev.

I turned the steering wheel into opposite lane and heard horns from the AI cars and then crash boom into something.

So I start to suspect that nVidia just stops responding, have tried many driver versions from very old to latest.

But why are there no problems at all with the latest state of the art games like Sniper 2, Call of Duty, GTA, MAFIA and so on.

Must be the way older games are talking to the graphic cards. And when they push the card to hard it just stops responding.

ETS 2 have some years on it neck, if you count from the very first Truck sim they released.

So a couple of question:

You out there with freezes are you running nVidia cards?

And you without any freezes are you running something else? What if so?

Just some input. Looking forward to the SP1 (or what it will be called), hopefully there are some

new settings to reduce the demands on the CPU and GPU. I do not have any problems with VAS.

/Per W

Per W Sweden

Hello Guys,

I'm french user of PMDG77 so sorry if tere are mistakes in this thread.

I've got same issue on this addon, FSX freeze and dosen't go back to normal, engine sound still active when freezing.

I tested to delete loogbook, I checked differents configs (unlimited frame rates, less than 30), I deleted DDL missing (like in the 1rst page of this topic) and then nothing solve the issue I have, fsx still freeze.

2 days ago I tried to flight without fmc flight plan, just to test the software after deleting the loogbook, and a 3hrs flight with no freezing. Yesterday I think my issue was solve but after 1hr of flight above Oman sea BAM! freezing. :(

I don't know to fix it, I left a ticket to pmdg support with no response yet.

A thread of PMDG said in this topic "AI traffic" could be involved? I've got UT2

I did not test without overcloocking could it be a solution?

Does anaymone fix definitly this issue?

Thanks for your help,

My config below:

AMD FX 6350 - Black Edition

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3

2 Sapphire Radeon R9 270 Dual-X OC Boost

Sandisk SanDisk SSD 7 mm - 64 Go

What's crazy about it, is that, It changes and it doesn't happen all the time ......On a flight KATL-TNCM which I repeated 5 times  with very similar conditions using T7  (part of my VA schedule)  the first 3 flights I got a freeze at almost the very spot, the third one it went smoothly and 4th flying back went OK .......At another flight KSFO-KMIA, I had a freeze 5 times out of 5 tries tell I gave up,  2 times with 777, 1 time with NGX, 1 time with MD-11 and finally with AXE........ all at a similar configurations. 

I think it is not directly related to T7, however, the complexity of the plane could help triggering it more often. 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Yes, that sound logically....the complexity of the plane might help trigger it.

I think we will just have to wait for SP1 and see if things improves with that.

Because as I was reinstalling everything over the last weeks, I (re)discovered, while reading the text document "Release Notes" (inside the "FSX/PMDG/PMDG777X" folder), that the freezing problem had been experienced by PMDG as well. and that they will fix it.

Also, on page 0.00.22 they say that as VAS approaches its limit, long pauses can occur.

So, in the mean time try reducing VAS load.

Rob Robson

My first few flights went fine, VRMM-OMDB, KBOS-EHAM, KATL-TNCM, even EGLL-KSFO, but every time I try a route to KLAX (the FSDT version) it crashes at some point, the last time I was less than 5mi from touchdown. I cut back on LOD/traffic and I'll keep trying because the thought of my favorite plane being incompatible with my favorite airport is just depressing...

I am in the Club now. Got my very first Freeze yesterday intercepting ILS 27L in EGLL since release day of this great bird. Dont know why though. Deleted the logbook as described and everything is back to normal.(for now)

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I am in the Club now. Got my very first Freeze yesterday intercepting ILS 27L in EGLL since release day of this great bird. Dont know why though. Deleted the logbook as described and everything is back to normal.(for now)

Michael

What logbook are you referring to?

Michael

If you had 1 freeze since you have been using the 777 (since Sept 2013?) then it might take months again for you to have a freeze again.

I am not saying the logbook cant have anything to with the freezes, but to say everything is back to normal is bit early. Heck, you might have had a one time event freeze, and there might have been nothing wrong with your install or logbook.

Rob Robson

I have had freezing problems with the PMDG B777,B737NGX and the B747-400.

My biggest problem has been with the B777.

About the time I started having Freezing (8 min freezing) I noticed that I lost my USB 3.0 ports.

I have 3 USB 3.0 ports  and 3 USB 2.0 ports.

I have 1 USB keyboard,1 USB mouse,1 USB headset,1USB Saitek Cessna yoke,1 USB Saitek throttle quadrant,1Saitek USB rudder pedals and 1 saitek USB radio panel.

A total of 7 USB connections and I am down to 3 USB 2.0 ports.

In order to keep flying I connected all of my Saitek equipment to a 4 port external USB 2.0 hub.

This created a host of problems so I ordered a 4 port USB 2.0 PCI card (cheap).

While waiting for the USB 2.0 card to arrive I contacted my computer support group to see if i could recover USB 3.0 ports. the manufacturers support tech walked me through a BIOS reset default procedure and in less than 5 minutes I had my USB 3.0 ports back.

I then reconnected every thing back to the USB ports with the exception of the keyboard which remained on the external USB hub.A few days later the USB 4 port card arrived.

I installed the card in an empty PCI port and booted up and the card was recognized and drivers were installed by windows 7,With 10 USB ports available,all of my USB connectors has a port of its own

I have now flown the B777 over 20 hours without a freeze.

I have made it look like a USB port problem but I think it is really ganging Saitek equipment on a USB hub.

There is nothing wrong with the B777 or any other PMDG product and before I get a lot of know it all B.S. I just want to say this worked for me and I hope it works for you.