Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

777 freezing

I am a recent purchaser of PMDG and the 777.

I have just started to go through the tutorial after making certain that my FSX and PC configuration were up to recommendations.

While programming the CDU I noticed that FSX would stall for about 15-30 seconds and then continue.

This carried on throughout the setup.

I was able to get started and get part way through the flight but the stalls just got worse even with little scenery.

I saved the flight and restarted the PC, reloaded the flight and after 3 or 4 minutes the stalls started again.

This does not happen with any other aircraft.

I note that others are also having this type of problem.

I shall simply put the plane away until I see some concrete responses from PMDG as it is not useable in its present state.

Darryl Wightman

Georgetown Ont.

ORDERID IS:  238685

Darryl Wightman, Georgetown ON

PMDG 777 FSX Order 238685

PMDG 777 P3D Order 305276

Had freezes with a variety of aircraft recently.

Updated FSUIPC (unregistered) to the latest version available and haven't noticed anóther freeze since.

Now I've been experiencing freezes again (but also with other aircraft).

And on my last arrival in the T7 the airport buildings were missing. Just gates without terminals ...

Yesterdays flight was a big mess with long freezes and eventually a CTD on the final stages of the flight. I then descided I could no longer fly like this so changes were made.

The CTD was related by a scenery. After deleting that scenery that was solved. Now the freezes.

1: deleted the realtek drivers as prompted on the forum.

2: cleaned dll.cfg and exe.cfg

3: tuned my FSX setup (smooth running cockpit now)

Still had little hangups though so other things needed to be done.

4: disabled FSUIPC autosafe feature

Little hangups were now solved

5: i noticed I had more then 3000 autosafe files in the PMDG 777 panelstate folder which I deleted all.

Problem seemed to be solved for me now. Did a test flight from EDDP to ENGX without any problems. Even the little hangups were gone. Note though that this was a small test flight and only one so far.

I think my problems were related to the autosafe and massive panelstate database. Especially the last one because the problem seemed to get worse after each flight with the database growing and growing offcourse. I will test more tomorrow on a long flight. If all goes well I will try to reinstall things to see if I can repoduce these problems.

Well there goes another flight wasted due to the inherent freezing with the T7

not just freezing also lost ezca & fsuipc from menu bar, i bought this addon

on the 1st day of release, the only time i did not have any problems was with the

tutorial, in the dozen or so flights since, each time i have had a freezing problem

that never happened with any of my other aircraft, including ngx.reading the forums

i have tried all suggested fixes by other contributers & still problems i would say

in fact it seems to be getting worse as i have just killed fsx 3/4 way through flight

fromm vhhh - vabb as it was freezing & unresponsive every few minutes, this situation

cannot continue, and i will not be flying it again either until there is permanent fix, i have a fairly high end i5 machine only 18 months old & fsx dedicated so it

is'nt the computer imo all my settings have been reduced and a clean cfg with recommended tweeks by froogle etc.hopefully pmdg will have a permanent fix soon

as like many who have paid a premium for this product i don't think i should have

to go messing with the innards of my machine, just to get this one plane flying

while at the same time destroying configs for every other aircraft in my hanger

(and i do have a few)You woul have thought this freezing problem would have been

picked up during beta testing as it seems to me there are a huge amount of people

posting the same kind of problems.so far the only official response seems to be

reduce sliders amd scenerey. Sorry but we do need a permanent fix for this issue, as

so many other posters have said, the T7 at the moment, for me is unflyable too!

Granted there are some who don't have any problems with freezing and i wish them well

however please do'nt post replies unless you have a genuine fix. thank you.

best regards

graeme crawford.

• Upvote 1

regards, graeme crawford

Hello,

the same thing for me too.

It happens with preloading panel state "long" while standing on the runway, when the fans are spooling up and I press the TOGA clickspot.

T7 freezes (I waited for 20 minutes) and I had to end FSX.

Regards,

Falko

Try the recommendations in the manual. I downloaded/installed sceneryconfig editor. It allows you to activate/deactivate payware/freeware sceneries with one click. So for example if say your flying from. KLAX-KATL. the only sceneries that would be active would be both airports. That way you have more virtual memory. After installing it and re-installing the 777, I've haven't experienced another OOM error. try that guys, it's all in the introduction manual. Happy landings!!

An update.....

Today I decided to look at little closer at what things were happening.

I noticed that my remote FS Commander session stopped reporting after some time.

I then made sure that my FSUIPC was up to date...it was not.

I started the tutorial process again and went through the same process.

The stalls during setup of the CDU did not appear.

I connected my FS Commander and carried on.

After a few minutes I got a stall for 10 seconds, then  after a while another and then they started to happend more regularly.

After an hour FS Commander stopped reporting and the FSX menu no longer showed an option for FSUIPC.

I then saved the flight, stopped FSX and removed the existing fsuipc.ini file.

I started FSX and loaded the saved flight but I did not connect the WideFS Client and its FS Commander.

The flight went on without a single stall.

I will try this again on a new flight to see if this truly identifed my issue.

I am a recent purchaser of PMDG and the 777.

I have just started to go through the tutorial after making certain that my FSX and PC configuration were up to recommendations.

While programming the CDU I noticed that FSX would stall for about 15-30 seconds and then continue.

This carried on throughout the setup.

I was able to get started and get part way through the flight but the stalls just got worse even with little scenery.

I saved the flight and restarted the PC, reloaded the flight and after 3 or 4 minutes the stalls started again.

This does not happen with any other aircraft.

I note that others are also having this type of problem.

I shall simply put the plane away until I see some concrete responses from PMDG as it is not useable in its present state.

Darryl Wightman

Georgetown Ont.

ORDERID IS:  238685

Darryl Wightman, Georgetown ON

PMDG 777 FSX Order 238685

PMDG 777 P3D Order 305276

Mine starts freezing over Greenland, too!

Flying KJFK-VHHH, she hums along nicely until somewhere over Greenland, then I see repeated freezes lasting 5 to 15 minutes, but if I let it go it eventually seems to somehow settle down after heading south over Asia and then I don't see any more freezes until the end of the flight.  I've been wondering whether the length of the flights I've been attempting has something to do with this.  It only seems to start when I'm a good 5 or 6 hours into a 15+ hour flight.

I've tried disabling all my extras, including FSUIPC autosave, Opus weather and UT2, but still get the freezes.

Another thing I tried was to delete my Logbook.bin file.  I found some old forum messages indicating that it could be a source of freezes.  That hasn't cured the problem, either, although at first it seemed that I was getting the freezes less frequently.

Frustrating.

Update:

It turns out that the cure for me was to change UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT from 30 to 0.  No more freezes for me.

It may or not work for anyone else.

Alan Davies

Ive tested my changes but it still froze so now and then.

Today a new flight without problems. Only thing different was that I did setup the flightplan by hand and didn't import it.

Maybe it was luck I don't know but I leave it like this. It is acceptabele for me for now.

Still freezing here. Every 15 - 20 mins or so for 5 minutes. Hopefully it gets solved in due time. Not flying it in the meantime as a result. 

No EZDOK or scenery addons here. Just the NGX and B777. Very basic simming on my end! 

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I also had freezes happening while in flight since i installed the T7. FSX frooze with sound running for 8-10 minutes and then continued as normal. Only fuel consumption went on during the freeze. It happened randomly but very annoying. Never had this with any other addon, including the NGX.

After weeks of troubleshooting every addon, I isolated the problem to be sound related. As soon as I disabled the prerecorded ATC chatter I use in my ATC app, all freezes where gone!

I suspect the real culprit to be the fact that i used the default audio driver from windows. I lookup up my exact sound chipset and installed the latest driver. Have been flying now without any freezes!

So don't rule out your soundcard when having similar issues! Also you can try this:

Windows Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >Sound

1. Select playback tab

2.Right click play back device (speakers)

3. Select properties > Advanced Tab

4.Make sure there are NO ticks in the exclusive mode box

5. Click apply

Good luck,

Remko v G

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I also had freezes happening while in flight since i installed the T7. FSX frooze with sound running for 8-10 minutes and then continued as normal. Only fuel consumption went on during the freeze. It happened randomly but very annoying. Never had this with any other addon, including the NGX.

After weeks of troubleshooting every addon, I isolated the problem to be sound related. As soon as I disabled the prerecorded ATC chatter I use in my ATC app, all freezes where gone!

I suspect the real culprit to be the fact that i used the default audio driver from windows. I lookup up my exact sound chipset and installed the latest driver. Have been flying now without any freezes!

So don't rule out your soundcard when having similar issues! Also you can try this:

Windows Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >Sound

1. Select playback tab

2.Right click play back device (speakers)

3. Select properties > Advanced Tab

4.Make sure there are NO ticks in the exclusive mode box

5. Click apply

Good luck,

Remko v G

Why do we have no freezes with the NGX? Were those sounds not good enough? Did they develop a too complicated sound environment?

Four 5-minute freezes in a 3-hour flight today which is something of a record.

Normally only one or two and sometimes (but not very often) none at all.

Occasionally they happen when I click on something in the MCP or CDU at cruise altitude but most often they just happen without warning.

To be frank it's a damn nuisance and I wish someone from PMDG could reassure us that they're looking at this issue and doing something about it.

It seems to be happening to a lot of people but their concerns appears to be falling on deaf ears.

Frank

More pauses, KLAX PHNL. Last pause after 4 hours for 5 minutes. When flight resumed no systems operating and engines all failed. This is now starting to wear a bit thin, frustration is an understatement

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"