Sign in to follow this  

Is the 777 really "better" than the NGX?

What do you think? The NGX is so perfect, and such a beautiful work of art, I can't stop flying it... even now!!

But is the 777 better? More features?

One thing I noticed about the 777, is the little door windows on the airplane are now fake windows, and on the NGX they are real..

The best way to answer this would be, for a simulation of a 737NG, the NGX is the best. Same applies to the T7. Both a different aircraft in many ways. The only similarities are they are both Boeing.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The best way to answer this would be, for a simulation of a 737NG, the NGX is the best. Same applies to the T7. Both a different aircraft in many ways. The only similarities are they are both Boeing.

But I mean like does the 777 have more features on it that a 777 would have, VS features in the NGX... 

Does that make sense.. I hope.. 

-Kyle Boeman

I find these type of questions really silly. You can't really compare two different simulations of two different aircraft. 

Yeah but i remember PMDG saying that the 777 surpasses the NGX... just getting your guys's opinion.

It does surpass the NGX in what PMDG have implemented. Been over two years since the NGX was released, and have added more tech, that even I did not think possiable.

So, yes, the T7 is far more advance in that respect. Hope that helps.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It surpasses it in some details and animations for sure. As well as functionality using the FMC for virtually everything. Little details are what makes it surpass the NGX.

But in all seriousness you can't really compare them. The NGX will probably continue to be my favorite for most flights and it is the best 737 out there as the PMDG 777 is the best one out there.

The 737 and the 777 by PMDG are 2 of the 3 best planes out there (Majestic Q400 being the 3rd) IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

They are both superb simulations in their own right. I think that where the 777X has gone one better than the NGX is the sound effects. The sound effect in the cockpit when taxiing, the engine sounds, the switch clicks, etc are just so well done in my opinion.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

They are both superb simulations in their own right. I think that where the 777X has gone one better than the NGX is the sound effects. The sound effect in the cockpit when taxiing, the engine sounds, the switch clicks, etc are just so well done in my opinion.

I think you and Brian worded it better than me. Thanks Rick :lol:

I've been looking at PMDG's website and their recommendation for the 777 is 2GB of video ram? What are your opinions on this matter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I have a GTX580 1.5GB and is great. No problems at all and I can use BufferPools=0. I would think 1.5GB upwards would be optimal, 1Gb minimum.

So far my "better than NGX" list is: soundset and ground handling...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Before you even ask that question you need to ask your self what style of flying you will do. For example If you only like short hops and your a proud member of a VA then its the wrong choice because you will only get a hand full of short routes (1-2 hrs), if any

ZORAN

Before you even ask that question you need to ask your self what style of flying you will do. For example If you only like short hops and your a proud member of a VA then its the wrong choice because you will only get a hand full of short routes (1-2 hrs), if any

I'm more of a short hop person... I just am so active during the day I really dont have any time to fly for 9 hours!