Sign in to follow this  
737_800

WOAI - uninstall all that stuff

Hi there,

I installed all that WOAI stuff but need to uninstall it now. Get by starting FSX the message: 'There are multiple objects with the the same title name. They must have unique title names...blabala'.

I googled that you can use expert mode with WOAI installer and remove all aircraft. But with that method I have to remove more than thousands aircraft manually, could not find any option to select all that aircraft. Is there any other opportunity?

so long

If it's only the message about the unique titles, and you actually want to keep WAOI you could simply open your FSX folder, go to the directory where you have your WOAI aircraft installed, and change the corresponding entries of the aircraft.cfgs. This can be a lot of work, too, I know that, I had that problem myself, but if you don't need to get rid of WOAI for any other reason than this error message, this is most likely the better way to go. It is simply a) more work to install all those packages back into FSX, and there is no guarantee that everything will go right the next time.

If you really want to uninstall WOAI, I believe it is safe to simply delete all those WOAI aircraft folders as well as the flight plans manually (which should be the work of less than two minutes), but be careful not to delete any other files in the Scenery\World\Scenery!

You can use UltraEdit to do a search and replace with regular expressions (wildcards etc..)  in files in certain directories such as *.cfg.  Notepad++ probably does the same thing. 

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Hi, thanks for your replies.

Think I have done some bad. Tried the way of deleting all files. Now I can start FSX without any message. Installation of WOAI packages does not work at all. Get the message: 'WOA_AIA_B744F_GE_ABW[...] not found'.

Any ideas??

Sorry I forgot to add, this message appears when I want to install with the WOAI Installer. Hope there is something to rescue. I have the feeling that something is wrong  with my .zip files where all aircraft for WOAI is. But I am not sure, perhaps some else knows more.

I never delete files that I can't recover if something goes terribly wrong.  I rename them instead, usually by appending an "x" to their file name extension. I do the same for an entire directory of unwanted files.

After a reasonable time period that assures me that the "missing" files have no adverse effects on FSX, I may then delete them if I need the space. By not deleting them, restoration simply involves removing the "x".

Hope you can find a solution.

Sorry I forgot to add, this message appears when I want to install with the WOAI Installer. Hope there is something to rescue. I have the feeling that something is wrong  with my .zip files where all aircraft for WOAI is. But I am not sure, perhaps some else knows more.

Have you looked in your Recycle bin?

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Yes my bin is full of WOAI .zips but I do not think that these are are correct files. The point is what I am not able to understand. I downloaded all files online from WOAI and for installation I had to unzip all that files into a new folder what I did. I selected all that files droped them into a other folder with right click and unzip all the packages there ( in that another folder). And I was able to install all files with the WOAI tool. Now I am doing the same and get always the message: ''not found'', so I assume that I lost some files during my copy process. That would be a very bad thing because I used a lot of time to download all original files. What I have backup are all WOAI files from scenery folder in FS. I unfortunately forgot to do the same with Simobjects/Airplanes folder.

Now I am able to fly in FSX without getting some massage, but I am not able to install all the files again.