Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

KPHX FlightBeam is amazing.

I know this isn't the flightbeam forum....
But this airport is extremely impressive, and I was just curious about how you turn on the static Aircraft?

PHX is amazing, but IAD kills it. IAD is just unbelievable. I hope they update SFO to IAD standards

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

PHX is amazing, but IAD kills it. IAD is just unbelievable. I hope they update SFO to IAD standards

I checked out the demo for IAD and it was quite impressive. I just flew out of PHX in real life yesterday on a 737-800, so now I am kinda torn about which of the two to get first. 

I checked out the demo for IAD and it was quite impressive. I just flew out of PHX in real life yesterday on a 737-800, so now I am kinda torn about which of the two to get first.

You're just going to have to buy both!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I'd be happy if the blithering jetways moved LIKE THEY DO IN 7 Y/O DEFAULT airports!  Sorry I had to get that off my chest!  This is my default bigger terminal and it is really bad that they put dead jetways in!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'd be happy if the blithering jetways moved LIKE THEY DO IN 7 Y/O DEFAULT airports!  Sorry I had to get that off my chest!  This is my default bigger terminal and it is really bad that they put dead jetways in!

I thought they did move at PHX and I know they do at IAD, nontheless you can always get AES from Aerosoft.

Ron Hamilton

IMHO, KPHX is their flagship product, a real crowd pleaser. 

KIAD is decent and ceretainly far better than the default, but nothing remarkable. They have really progressed since they released KSFO!!!  I'd love to see them do a new version of KSFO, as IMHO it's not nearly as good as KPHX but it has the potential too be. 

DIRT, OIL and soot needled at all the Flightbeam airports.  On of the things I loved about ISD and SunSkyJet is that added these things everywhere and it was well worth them doing so!  Gives them that used/lived in feeling, if you know what I mean.

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

They will be upgrading their KSFO to todays standards. It will cost existing owners a few more $ but will be worth it!

Here is the exact quote from Mir himself:

"After getting a lot of opinions on this, we'll be going with a full blown new version with a small update cost.

The whole airport will be revamped and brought up to KIAD standards, along with many new features. For those who wish to keep their version, they will still receive a smaller update which contains fixes to current KSFO issues (static jetways, approach lights, etc)

Just a heads up to Aerosoft CD owners of KSFO, this update is considered a "new product" and will not be made available to Aerosoft CD customers at the discounted price. It will be a Flightbeam Exclusive. HOWEVER.. the Aerosoft CD owners will still be able to get the minor update as well, which fixes the current issues as described above. 
KSFO was our last boxed product, which introduced piracy, terrible cross-company-activation systems, support issues finger-pointing and a host of other big problems I will not bring into light in this forum." "Mostly likely Q1-Q2 2014"

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Really nice to know, thanks!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I thought they did move at PHX and I know they do at IAD, nontheless you can always get AES from Aerosoft.

I was responding to your prior comment:  ' I hope they update SFO to IAD standards',  re SFO.

They will be upgrading their KSFO to todays standards. It will cost existing owners a few more $ but will be worth it!

That's good news and reasonable charge a small fee for an upgrade, though I don't consider static jetways something that is being upgraded beyond what should have been present in the first offering.  This is why the upgrade price really needs to be small IMO, especially since the rest of SFO is quite decent.

I know this isn't the flightbeam forum....

But this airport is extremely impressive, and I was just curious about how you turn on the static Aircraft?

What do you mean, 'turn on the static aircraft'?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I never really fly to KIAD, but KPHX is my main airport. Us Airways & SouthWest have bases at KPHX which makes KPHX my most important airport!

Plus I get the 1 Hr flights from KPHX to KLAX, and KPHX to KLAS. 2 hr flights from KPHX to KDEN.

Honestly, if you like flying on the west, then get KPHX. If you like Southwest or Us Airways then get KPHX. Plus British Airways, United, and Delta fly there.

Oyy, they both look like massive frame rate sponges.

Kphx is actually a lot easier on frames than I expected. The new graphics these days, they are better looking and better on performance.

What do you mean, 'turn on the static aircraft'?

On the website there is screenshots of Us airways and Southwest Airline planes parked at the gates. And one of the listed features is tht you can have Static aircraft parked at the gates.

I don't have an option in the addon manager for static aircraft...

KIAD is decent and ceretainly far better than the default, but nothing remarkable

Are you talking about KIAD HD? Are you kidding?

I just seen their sales page .. PHX ...  Active Jetways.

http://flightbeam.net/kphx.html

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW