Sign in to follow this  
sidh

Found the Culprit behind all the Sweetfx,ENB crashes!

Alright guys,

I have got a good news for all sweetFx, ENB users who left using it because of crashes ...

I tried to discover all the possible causes behind it and came to a conclusion.

The main cause of your ENB and Sweetfx crashes is Nvidia Inspector's Vsync settings. - Just turn it off.

1z6rrkp.jpg

Do not use Vsync Tweak of Fullscreen and windowed mode in FSX cfg. It might give you smoothness(partially) but will cause the crash.

I  never ever imagined that I could fly with ENB or Sweetfx specially long hauls but I have been doing almost all the flights on them without a single Crash.

Note I Use Full screen mode. Please test if you use windowed mode.However I suppose there would be no problem with it..

Kindly test and report back.

Good luck! 

1y329d.jpg

No vsync is worse. I have up in enb long ago. The tearing without vsync is totally unacceptable imho

For

No vsync is worse. I have up in enb long ago. The tearing without vsync is totally unacceptable imho

I have not tested thoroughly with keeping VSYNC on in Nvidia inspector(I am checking that now)

But one thing is for sure is not using the Vsync Tweaks in CFG. <-Very imp.

UPDATE - You can use Vsync ONLY in Nvidia inspector without any crashes.

1y329d.jpg

I have given up on both ENB and sweetfx due to these crashes. I'd rather have vsync turned on. I did not have the vsync entries in the fsx.cfg by the way.

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

This sounds interesting.

I'll remain in a holding pattern at this time.  I use ENB, I never ever have any issues or crashes.  I have vsync on at 1/2 framerate as well.  When I tried to use SweetFX I continually have CTD. So removed Sweet and have gone with ENB.

So, if this effect is true it doen't explain why I have no issues with ENB however it might be very useful to have someone continue to test this out further.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Me 2 I dont touch em

try setting gamma to 1.0

right click desk top

nvidea

colour settings, it imitates ENB fairly well

ZORAN

I have given up on both ENB and sweetfx due to these crashes. I'd rather have vsync turned on. I did not have the vsync entries in the fsx.cfg by the way.

Try to do it with turning it off and see if you get crash again. This thing surely works , I was in your boat once!

This sounds interesting.

I'll remain in a holding pattern at this time.  I use ENB, I never ever have any issues or crashes.  I have vsync on at 1/2 framerate as well.  When I tried to use SweetFX I continually have CTD. So removed Sweet and have gone with ENB.

So, if this effect is true it doen't explain why I have no issues with ENB however it might be very useful to have someone continue to test this out further.

ENB , Sweet FX and shade are different. Some people get more ctds with ENB than Sweetfx and Vice versa(I used to get more with ENB).

Use Vsync of nvidia inspector without adding in FSX cfg[then use Sweetfx]. And let me know

I just competed 8 hour flight in T777 with countless number of Minimise and maximise of fullscreen without an issue. Before I could not even think of a flight with Default Cessna !

In case any one wants to check my CFGs

1y329d.jpg

Or just use fxaa tool if using dx9.

I cant believe this tool does not had a breakthrough, I use it since almost 2 years and never had a single crash.

But it gets mentioned very seldom. 

I cant believe this tool does not had a breakthrough, I use it since almost 2 years and never had a single crash.

But it gets mentioned very seldom. 

Ya I am surprised also that it is not more talked about.  I have never had a crash and the user interface is much easier to use then enb and sweetfx.  Only downside is that it can't be used with dx10.

Matt Wilson

While I run in fullscreen, my cfg had the following entries:

ForceFullScreenVSync=0
ForceWindowedVSync=1

I removed both of those but left vsync on in Inspector. I use ENB.

Results? Still trivially easy to cause FSX to crash by alt-entering. At FS Dreamteam's JFK and with the PMDG 777 it only took one attempt. At Flightbeam's KSFO it took two.

It's a shame--I was really hoping this might work!

James

While I run in fullscreen, my cfg had the following entries:

ForceFullScreenVSync=0

ForceWindowedVSync=1

I removed both of those but left vsync on in Inspector. I use ENB.

Results? Still trivially easy to cause FSX to crash by alt-entering. At FS Dreamteam's JFK and with the PMDG 777 it only took one attempt. At Flightbeam's KSFO it took two.

It's a shame--I was really hoping this might work!

James

James,  Use simple 3 tweaks in CFG mainly HIghmem, Bufferpools and Widescreen..Check again with these 3 tweaks Or check my CFG that I attached in above post & report back ..

I was once in your boat! 

1y329d.jpg

Ya I am surprised also that it is not more talked about.  I have never had a crash and the user interface is much easier to use then enb and sweetfx.  Only downside is that it can't be used with dx10.

....hahaha, see nobody even reacts....maybe we are invisible.... :-))

McDan out

McDan out

Ya must be. There loss i guess.

Matt Wilson

McDan out

Re - FXAA tool

Or maybe everyone knows is not good for FS, that type of AA make details blury, Hud, gauges, realy bad visuals for the sim, moved on from that long ago.

But if your running that low on power and can't take the hit of decent AA, then by all means enjoy.