Sign in to follow this  
chemibeat

ILS frequency error ?

Hi,

I got a message error on FMC   during ILS aproach on RWY 19 ( Brisbane YBBN) "ILS frequency error "  , not the first time , is there  anabody with the same issue ????

Rgds.

Hi,

I experienced that my 777 won't get the localizer or go through a autoland. You have to check the NAV/RAD page and delete the ILS frequency and put the one of the runway where you want to land on park there.

Just hit the delete button and the line selector of the ILS frequency. The rest does the 777 on its own.

I'm not a real pilot so I might haven't used the correct vocabulary or this might not be the right procedure.

It would be very nice if someone could tell how it is done correct.

Regards

error caused by the CAD startup. Just don't do a CAD startup but a long or short... Please read the 777 issues treat.

Hi,

I got a message error on FMC   during ILS aproach on RWY 19 ( Brisbane YBBN) "ILS frequency error "  , not the first time , is there  anabody with the same issue ????

Rgds.

This is caused by the cold and dark panel state.  Don't use it for now (will be fixed in the next SP) and you'll be fine.

Kyle Rodgers

So what do we use...If we cannot use the cold and dark panel....What is there to use !!?

Thanks,
Regis

Regis Biassala 

Hi,

Rgds.

I've been able to mitigate it for now by going to the FMC NAVRAD page, selecting DEL, then line selecting the ILS.  It will remove the wrong freq, and input the correct one.  So far, it's worked fine this way.  That way I can still use the Cold and Dark while waiting for the fix.

John

So what do we use...If we cannot use the cold and dark panel....What is there to use !!?

Thanks,

Regis

Load the cold and dark. Power it up, delete the ILS entry, shut it down. Save that panel state. And define the new panel as your start-up.

Rob Simmons

This is caused by the cold and dark panel state.  Don't use it for now (will be fixed in the next SP) and you'll be fine.

Just curious - it's only a saved state, not necessarily a bug in the code, correct? Why not just distribute a new saved state? It would eliminate at lest 15 new forum threads a day :-)

Presumably Sp1 is not due tomorrow, so waiting for it to fix one saved state may be a little bit of an overkill.

This is, of course, assuming it's only a state that's the problem and not the code, which would be a different thing entirely.

Just curious - it's only a saved state, not necessarily a bug in the code, correct?

It's brought up some other related things, I believe.

Why not just distribute a new saved state?

(In addition to the above) Because then you have to explain to everyone where to put it and how to load it, and to make sure they really, actually deleted the other one, and on and on.

You've seen the weather upload threads, right?  Can't get much easier than copy-paste, and save as [iCAO][iCAO].wx and people are still mucking it up...

Kyle Rodgers

Well, the part about it bringing up other things makes sense. The other part, not really, because it can be fixed with a simple installer :-)

I have to admit I haven't seen weather threads (don't have any weather addons, so I don't really read those at the moment). I do read the WEATHER RADAR ones though. They're entertaining. I wonder why PMDG doesn't implement it ;-)

The other part, not really, because it can be fixed with a simple installer :-)

If you're going all the way to creating an installer, you might as well wait to include it in the rest of the stuff...

I have to admit I haven't seen weather threads

They're all over, though they seemed to have dropped off some.  The titles normally refer to weather or wind import.

Kyle Rodgers

Oh, I've seen the threads, I just haven't read them :-).

I disagree on the installer imn this case btw. I doubt SP1 is due anytime soon, yet this issue can easily be addressed and it seems that many people are having it. I believe PMDG could do something to address it. Not criticizing, just hoping :-).

While I know I could create my own C&D save state, I also know I can't trust myself to do it right ;-).

Going to raise the dead on this: 

I tried deleting the current "PARK" setting on the ILS LSK on the FMC....it gives me "Invalid Delete".

I also tried just putting the ILS Frequency into the FMC and it gives me, "Invalid Entry".

What gives??

Rodney E. Jacobs

What gives??

Needs to be in the form FREQ/CRS - can't just be the freq.

Kyle Rodgers